Server 2003 Std and Ghost dos boot disks

Linuxtim

Limp Gawd
Hi all

Situation: Server 2003 with ghost 8.2. I am making dos drive mapping disks. I get an error when trying to log onto network (net error 5, cant read/write file). It's not a driver issue (tried a generis 3c905 nic and same error).

Looked at a server 2003 book and seems without turning off signed smb traffic dos logon's wont work. Anyone got either a way of bypassing this or have aonther solution? I just want to be able to ghost new machines accross the network....

Thanks

L

As you probably noted from the book, the way to change your security policy to allow unsigned connections (there are several various policies that address this by the way) is to use either the local or domain security policy editor to change the settings. Depending upon your environment. It's typically not a big deal to change those settings. You don't loose too much in the way of security. It's just the price you pay to support downlevel clients.

Do you have a reason why you wouldn't be able to change your security settings?

I'm not aware of any way to make DOS compliant with the security requirements, so my guess is that you're going to have to either change your server's security settings, or store the images on a different server without the same restrictions in place.

I've run into similar problems using linux based appliances that want to connect to Windows 2003 server shares. The resolution in those cases always were fixed on the Windows Server side.

Back