Server 2003 and XP64 SP2 Released

I just updated one of my clients servers with SP2 this morning and it went smoothly with no problems.

I've updated about 4 servers so far (2 of which are AD domain controllers and 1 was an Exchange 2003 SP2 server) and no issues to report.

applied to a test server and it did not break anything (and i would hope so since it isn't much more than previously released patches) however it DID regress my patch status and i believe 7 previously installed critical/security patches needed to be re-applied. Reading around others have seen similar issues and MS actually has a vb script up on their site that you can run to determine what will regress.

Well SP2 for my xp64 hosed my video media accelleration at the very least. Anything that used that driver would blue screen my system. I uninstalled it, and it seems to be fine. I hope microsoft continues to patch sp1 systems for a while... I am not going to be installing this thing for a while.

I tried updating all my drivers post installation but nothing helped... only uninstalling it did.

it installed ``fine'' on both my domain controllers. By ``fine'' I mean it complained about a missing driver inf on Win2K3 EE x64 OEM and it screwed up my RDP connection on the other one (Win2K3 Std Academic Edition MSDNAA, 32 bit SP1), requiring me to remote restart using shutdown -i..

so far it appears to be running ok, but I have not done anything.

I installed it on one file server, that had SP1 and IE7 already installed, and it seemed fine. However, this server only is a file server...no other roles.

Think it's worth updating a xp64 system thats mostly for gaming, or wait a few.

btw
sry to hijack your thread just thought it was kina relevant

Anyone getting this? Soooooo annoying.

asdfjl9.jpg

Back