Server 2003 and RAID

J

JeffBlair

I just got a new server. I have a MegaRAID card hooked up to 4 of my SCSI HDD's in a RAID 5 config. I can put in the 2003 server CD, and install everything no problems. But, when it does the reboot, it tells me that it can't find the OS. My next step is to take one of the drives, and make it a boot drive, but I really don't want to do that...that's why I got a RAID card. :) Any ideas? Thanks.

It sounds like your BIOS isn't looking to the RAID card to boot. It found the drivers for the RAID card okay, or else 2003 wouldn't have installed in the first place. Check your settings in the BIOS of the server.

djnes said:
It sounds like your BIOS isn't looking to the RAID card to boot. It found the drivers for the RAID card okay, or else 2003 wouldn't have installed in the first place. Check your settings in the BIOS of the server.
Even as a non-RAID drive?

Phoenix86 said:
Even as a non-RAID drive?
As long as they are on the controller, if the setup saw it, and let him install 2003, the drivers should be fine.

Ya, I tried to do the F6 deal first, but 2003 said that the drivers I had were older then the ones on the CD, so no problem there.

And, DOH on me. I didn't even think about looking in the BIOS. I've been playing around with it, and I know Gentoo boots off of it no problem. I'll look at that when I get home tonight.

Back