Serious Sam Remake Coming to PC, Xbox 360

I was always kinda torn with Serious Sam. While I liked the frantic and brain dead gameplay (LOVED Painkiller), it was hard to get into because the animations were quite horrendous. Hopefully they fix that.

I'm effin' stoked. I hated having to split screens on the Xbox 1 to play this with two people. It might have been System linkable but we only had the one copy. This will kick ass.

Can't wait.

Why so many remakes and sequels. How many good original FPS IPs can you name over the last few years?

I thought SS looked nice but the level design and general play was kind of blah for me.. I never tried co-op mode but I think that would have made all the difference.. team work for max fun = win. :)

Why so many remakes and sequels. How many good original FPS IPs can you name over the last few years?

Really not a whole lot since most FPS's have recycled mechanics with different stories. However, they do change it up a bit: See BioShock and Crysis for it's largely Open-ended game play.

I just reinstalled Serious Sam yesterday. God this game is fun. Apparently the remake will also be running on Serious Engine 3, which is kind of neat. I wish they'd release this for PC as well though, since I don't have any desire to get this for 360.

Edit: Never mind, they are releasing this for PC as well. I fail at reading.

Last edited:
I just reinstalled Serious Sam yesterday. God this game is fun. Apparently the remake will also be running on Serious Engine 3, which is kind of neat. I wish they'd release this for PC as well though, since I don't have any desire to get this for 360.

same... my friends and i have fallen in love with co-op mode. haha...

All of us are pc-only folk, so here's to hoping they keep their word! :cool:

This is serious news!

One of my favorite games. Period

Really not a whole lot since most FPS's have recycled mechanics with different stories. However, they do change it up a bit: See BioShock and Crysis for it's largely Open-ended game play.

Er...what ? BioShock open-ended ? Have you played the game ?

Er...what ? BioShock open-ended ? Have you played the game ?

bioshock was linear to the extreme. backtracking over the same corridors through highly scripted events = open ended now? agree with your comment.

Back