Serious Sam DD

charold

Limp Gawd
Hello,

First thread here, long time lurker. I just picked up Serious Sam Double D on sale (only $7.99 retail) and just thought I'd chime in here. I'm quite enjoying this little game. It's like Contra on acid. The enemy designs are an absolute riot, including a stack of pancakes, with horns, teeth, eyes, and forks for legs. I won't spoil the rest. I find it much easier to play with a controller using dual analog sticks than mouse and keyboard. Overall, just a fun game to waste some time with. Any other smaller indie type games you guys recommend?

I'm liking it nearly as much as I enjoyed Shank. Shmups and side scrollers will always have a special place in my heart though. I'd LOVE to see Ikaruga released on PC though, probably my favorite Shmup ever. Anyone played that one?

Well I took the plunge after reading "Contra on acid" and I couldn't agree more. Giant pancakes stuffed with vuvuzelas and giant "Femikazes" make this a great time-wasting side-scroller that reminds me of ABUSE in the 'ol DOS days.

Good find OP :)

Back