Serious Sam 4

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Bigbacon, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Bigbacon

Bigbacon [H]ardForum Junkie

teaser for it

I really hope it harks back more towards SS Fe/Se than 3.

AceGoober and Q-BZ like this.
  2. Denpepe

Denpepe Gawd

they still seem to use those terrible, terrrible enemy models after all these years, shame.

Comixbooks likes this.
  3. Bigbacon

never bothered me. I just want more of the old school gameplay than what SS3 offered.

AceGoober, Q-BZ and auntjemima like this.
  4. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

I know a guy on steam that really likes the series except for the 1st game they are all mind numbing I think its a duke nukem clone by cro team more than anything.

5. Bigbacon

only nukem-esque thing is the TUDE of Sam himself. other wise its nothing like duke nukem well other than being an FPS game.

Susquehannock likes this.
  6. TheToE!

TheToE! [H] Brewmaster

7. KazeoHin

KazeoHin [H]ardness Supreme

I loved #3, didn't care too much for the earlier ones, though I did play a huge chunk of the first.

I Really, REALLY want to see what they do with a sequel, but they seem to be using SS3 assets? I mean, graphics aren't everything but that definitely looks like a 2011 game.

Ripskin and Q-BZ like this.
  8. Litfod

Litfod [H]ard|Gawd

If it's a choice between ultra high detail assets and enormous hordes of enemies (as hinted at at the end of the teaser), I'll take the latter. It's not like SS is about standing still long enough to critique model resolution.
    Although I do hope there's a level where Sam ends up in The Talos Principle.

9. SOAREVERSOR

SOAREVERSOR [H]Lite

This! SS has always been about quantity of shit on screen, not the quality of it.

Susquehannock likes this.
  10. Susquehannock

Susquehannock 2[H]4U

^^ that exactly. And also besetting different types of enemies against you forcing quick decisions which to go after first, and when. Game aspects that others like Painkiller tried to emulate but just didn't attain the same feel.

Personally, I am hoping for more complex game play than stellar graphics. One thing I enjoyed about SS2 over earlier ones. Usable vehicles, weapon turrets, and more enemy classes.

Ripskin likes this.
  11. you2

you2 [H]ard|Gawd

I hope they modermize the game play. Mind you the original was a lot of fun but games have improved over time. I really liked farcry (1) type of gameplay (which I've not seen since).

12. RX3

RX3 [H]ard|Gawd

Very excited to see what Croteam does with this next installment. The first SS is still my favorite.

Yeah, Sam is nothing like Duke.

Have to agree, although a modern look/gameplay would be cool, it’s all about hurling insanely large enemy hoardes at you all at once.

Next on my wish list is a new Unreal game (original Unreal, not Tournament). There’s something I miss about not having a crap ton of cutscenes and dialogue thrown in your face to force a story; I remember this about SS1 and Unreal the most. This is probably just due to technical feasibility back then, but I guess I just miss simpler times!

13. ecmaster76

ecmaster76 [H]ard|Gawd

I loved First and Second Encounters, couldn't stand 2, and was relieved 3 was a return to form

Lets hope they keep up the good work

14. Ripskin

Ripskin 2[H]4U

First was fun, second was awesome, 2 was blah, 3 was a fun romp. This looks good for a teaser. Co-op madness, cant wait.