Serious Sam 3: BFE Gets Vulkan Support

That's it, going in!

jwlf4pH.png

PCUNEHN.png

tzy9lOh.png

Last edited:
Mmmm, Vulkan goodness.

Runs well on my ageing 670FTW, sitting at 60+ FPS, might have to drop the 980Ti in here and see how it runs. Notice how it runs on my primary monitor as set in Nvidia X Server settings just fine.

SWWqyUB.png

Last edited:
They had Serious Sam 3 Fusion on sale for Halloween and it was like $3 so I picked it up.

Graphics with the Serious 3.5 engine at 4K are good, but obviously not up to current platforms like id Tech 6.

Still, it's a fun and silly throwback that's a lot of mindless fun!

Looking forward to SS4, but it appears it might still be a ways off.

I love the mindless fun. I'm usually pretty busy working and the mindless fun is great as I can load up a game, hack around for a bit and turn it off - I don't have to devote ridiculous amounts of time to the game.

So, I gave this a go over the weekend, and I can't say I had great results. I ended up with very unstable framerates and a LOT of rendering issues. Nothing I did would alleviate the issues, but that's what beta's are for right?

So, I gave this a go over the weekend, and I can't say I had great results. I ended up with very unstable framerates and a LOT of rendering issues. Nothing I did would alleviate the issues, but that's what beta's are for right?

Wow! Really?

It runs great on my crappy GTX670 FTW. The old girl won't run high settings though, medium at best - I really need a new GPU.

Back