• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Serious rebooting/OS failure problem, help

Izidro

n00b
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
6
Ok so I'm working on a friend's computer with Windows XP that I built about 5 years ago, it's been smooth running till recently when it would repeatedly restart when attempting to launch into windows... If it successfully launched into windows it would display a BSOD and say: "Driver IRQL_ Not_Less_Or_Equal" and then a technical readout and does a physical memory dump. It then suggests removing and reinstalling any recently installed hardware, which there is none, what is the probable solution? I've attempting writing a new master boot file, repairing the OS using the disk, doing a chkdsk /F, none of these work. I haven't tried removing peripheral hardware and reinserting, might that help? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much in advance!
 
Could be a lot of things... A RAM module that has started to fail is a good place to start looking...

Try downloading one of the free memory testers that can be downloaded as a bootable CD image... like this: http://www.memtest.org/

While they don't detect 100% of RAM failures, I've also never seen a false positive... Therefore, for free, they're worth a shot.
 
Back
Top