• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Serious game and audio lag issues

Maddnotez

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 28, 2014
Messages
319
Not sure where to ask this but I fear it's hardware related.

Asus Z97-AR
G1 gaming 970
I7-4790k
850 Pro SSD
1tb Wd black
G2 nova 750w
8gb sniper ram
Windows 8.1

I've had this pc almost two years. Maybe 2,000 hours on in. Have been gaming just fine until the other day.

Game lag and audio lag both. It is rubber banding lag I think where everything will get tight and laggy and choppy. Even the Audio does it and it's very staticky too.

It happens every few minutes but it seems to be getting worse.

No malware, all temps are fine. I rolled back Ethernet driver.

Not sure what's up but I'm afraid by motherboard may be messed up.

I have not reformatted or reinstalled windows. Want that to be my last option. Any ideas?
 
Try this tool out.

http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

if you search around Youtube/web, you can find videos or articles explaining how to use it, and how to fix your latency issues. BE WARNED: these tools are often not easy to interpret.

From the few threads I've seen around here, the culprit always seem to be custom monitoring or tweaking software included with motherboards, or sometimes it's a buggy driver issue.

If you do a fresh install without any provided motherboard software, the problem should go away. But this tool is for people who don't want to nuke it from orbit, and are willing to work the issue :D
 
Last edited:
Try this tool out.

http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

if you search around Youtube/web, you can find videos or articles explaining how to use it, and how to fix your latency issues. BE WARNED: these tools are often not easy to interpret.

From the few threads I've seen around here, the culprit always seem to be custom monitoring or tweaking software included with motherboards, or sometimes it's a buggy driver issue.

If you do a fresh install without any provided motherboard software, the problem should go away. But this tool is for people who don't want to nuke it from orbit, and are willing to work the issue :D

This.
 
Back
Top