• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Serious 9600pro graphic messup

Fokissed

n00b
Joined
Oct 11, 2004
Messages
50
When I play my games I get serious graphic distortion problems, textures misplaced kinda thing (screenshots below). Heres my DxDiag info: http://kivek.com/stuff/DxDiag.txt heres also my computer specs using Everest: http://www.kivek.com/stuff/PCreport.htm All the drivers are up to date

Shot 1
Shot 2

Heres the thing, I just switched my video card (9600pro) over to this comp (which is the one thats having the problem and the info above) from my other computer (Everest info: http://www.kivek.com/stuff/mypc.htm ). Everything worked fine in that computer, but this computer has better specs so im switching the video cards and using this one as my main gaming pc. But when I put the video card in this one, im getting those graphic problems. The graphic problems are also happening on my desktop, its not as bad as a huge texture across the screen, or flickering lines like when im gaming, but theres just little lines here and there that arn't suppose to be there.

Thanks in advance
 
Looks like problems with the graphics driver.
Might be that the old graphic driver didn't get uninstalled totaly or at all.

Try to install the drivers for the motherboard (via hyperion 4in1, do a searh at google) and then install the graphic drivers again and see if that helps.

If not you either have to delete the old drivers manualy (wich can be tricky) or do a complete system reinstall (format the harddrive and install windows and all drivers again)
 
Wolfkin said:
Looks like problems with the graphics driver.
Might be that the old graphic driver didn't get uninstalled totaly or at all.

Try to install the drivers for the motherboard (via hyperion 4in1, do a searh at google) and then install the graphic drivers again and see if that helps.

If not you either have to delete the old drivers manualy (wich can be tricky) or do a complete system reinstall (format the harddrive and install windows and all drivers again)

I uninstalled and reinstalled both the 4in1 drivers and the ati catalyst drivers, the graphics are still messing up
 
Then my next suggestion would be to do a fresh install of windows, just make sure you have backed up all important things first.
 
Fokissed said:
I uninstalled and reinstalled both the 4in1 drivers and the ati catalyst drivers, the graphics are still messing up


but did you use driver cleaner on the ati files?


donno if driver cleaner works for the via chipset drivers, but if it does...run it for them to.
 
Komataguri said:
but did you use driver cleaner on the ati files?


donno if driver cleaner works for the via chipset drivers, but if it does...run it for them to.

No I didn't, whats driver cleaner?
 
Given that it worked in your other machine and fails in this machine, it's probably a software problem. Did you change your driver as follows?
1) uninstall driver in Add/Remove Programs
2) run Driver Cleaner to dump any leftovers
3) install new driver downloaed from ATI

If that didn't accomplish anything then you might as well fire up ATITool and check for artifacts. It may be a hardware problem. Maybe it's not too fond of the power supply in its current rig. If you get artifacts, see if underclocking makes them go away.

You might also try using SMARTGART to slow down your AGP from 8X to 4X. Usually flakey AGP causes crashes but you might be able to get corruption that way.
 
If I'm not mistaken it's a separate part of the ATI driver that is used to uninstall the drivers.
I think you can download it separatly at ATI.
 
How long does the atitool take to scan for artifacts? Iv been running it for 10 mins now
 
You only need to run the artifact test for a minute. If there are artifacts then it will find them really quickly. ATITool's main problem is that it only seems to use DirectX7 and I've seen cards pass its artifact tests because the artifacts only happened when running DirectX 8 or DirectX 9 shaders. But if you're having display problems with your desktop, then shaders have nothing to do with it.

Are you sure your power supply is doing okay? A 9600 Pro doesn't suck up much power, but you never know. And did you try slowing down the AGP port with SMARTGART? It just takes a minute to try.
 
There were alot of yellow squares, which im assuming were the artifacts. Im not too familiar with underclocking so I didn't touch anything.

I uninstalled the ati drivers, used DC Pro to remove everything that started with ATI and then reinstalled (which by the way, after uninstalling and rebooting my computer it asks to install new hardware, I click to install it automaticlly but it fails, if that effects anything) and its still doing it.

Where exactly do I get SMARTGART?

If anyone wants to discuss this over AIM or Xfire;
AIM: Kivek12
Xfire: kivek
 
The yellow stuff is definitely artifacting. This page gives the basics on underclocking. There's not much to it. You just drag some sliders downwards to slow the clock rates and pray the artifacts go away.

When you reboot after running Driver Cleaner, Windows will try to install new drivers for your video card and you should just cancel out of that. There's no harm in letting it try in your case because you have to install the drivers manually. So you don't need to do it again.

SMARTGART is installed when you install ATI drivers. This page explains how to use it. I doubt the AGP port is the cause of your problems but it just takes a few minutes to find out so you might as well try it.
 
I just noticed I don't have a control center anymore after switching to this computer. I installed the Knowledge Base ATI Customer Care > Drivers and Software > Windows XP > RADEON > CATALYST 5.4 Windows XP - Driver

It said to double click the ATI icon on your taskbar near the clock and mine popups a desktop help menu. And I don't have "ATI Catalyst Control Center" in my Start > All Programs menu
 
If you only installed the "Display Driver" then you didn't download it. I think it will show up if you download and install the "Control Panel". I'm not sure because I always use the one which includes "Display Driver, Control Panel, WDM Integrated Driver" (the one at the top of the list which is currently 24.6MB). You can use SMARTGART with either the older control panel or the newer catalyst control center.
 
UncleMacro said:
If you only installed the "Display Driver" then you didn't download it. I think it will show up if you download and install the "Control Panel". I'm not sure because I always use the one which includes "Display Driver, Control Panel, WDM Integrated Driver" (the one at the top of the list which is currently 24.6MB). You can use SMARTGART with either the older control panel or the newer catalyst control center.

I just downloaded the 34mb one that says it has the Catalyst control center. I lowered the AGP to 4x and nothing changed. Ill try switching out the powersupply
 
Have you got an overclocked processor ? Because when i first got my PC and overclocked i forgot to turn on the AGP/PCI lock and i got all kinds of artifacts, especielly when the AGP bus was at 100mhz :O

well anyway just check in bios and make sure its on.
 
SAS91 said:
Have you got an overclocked processor ? Because when i first got my PC and overclocked i forgot to turn on the AGP/PCI lock and i got all kinds of artifacts, especielly when the AGP bus was at 100mhz :O

well anyway just check in bios and make sure its on.

No my processor isn't overclocked
 
Back
Top