Sequel to Mass Effect Andromeda

They could always use the indoctrination theory everybody was hoping for. LOL! Shepard could "snap out of it" somewhere in London and the fight goes on. Don't laugh, I'd still buy it!

They could always use the indoctrination theory everybody was hoping for. LOL! Shepard could "snap out of it" somewhere in London and the fight goes on. Don't laugh, I'd still buy it!

I think a lot of people would allow BioWare to pull a mulligan like that if they would just own the fact that the original endings were fucking retarded and not really what was intended to start with. The problem is, BioWare is too prideful to do it. Even if they wanted to, the EA overlords won't allow them to admit mistakes like that.

I think a lot of people would allow BioWare to pull a mulligan like that if they would just own the fact that the original endings were fucking retarded and not really what was intended to start with. The problem is, BioWare is too prideful to do it. Even if they wanted to, the EA overlords won't allow them to admit mistakes like that.

I don't know brother, I think a lot of us ME fans are so starved for some new material especially after Andromeda that we'd gladly and quickly fork over our hard earned cash for a "true" Mass Effect game no matter what Bioware said.

Even if they wanted to, the EA overlords won't allow them to admit mistakes like that.

I think this is the real overarching issue regardless of anything else. The bizarre NDA like status some of these people run with even when they are no longer employed by EA says something as well. The corporate clenched first here and corporate PR-ese is as thick and wide as I've ever seen anywhere.

I think this is the real overarching issue regardless of anything else. The bizarre NDA like status some of these people run with even when they are no longer employed by EA says something as well. The corporate clenched first here and corporate PR-ese is as thick and wide as I've ever seen anywhere.

Yeah, look how long it took people just to realize that they didn't actually own the System Shock IP and that it was held by some escrow agency or something like that. :D EVERYONE thought EA owned it for years. Information doesn't leave EA easily.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
They have loot boxes and multiplayer character choices like Krogan already. It blocks part of the screen, but it's still fun.

But people tire of clearing waves and then extracting. It's basically like the combat simulator from ME3 but they say it's real. So they can make a real multiplayer game.

Then what about story, we will have to see how Anthem goes. They want you to probably choose whether someone lives or dies in Fort Tarsis, then go have fun with your friends. But in their canon person X might be alive and well, dead in your fort. No romances yet. Sounds strange but it is what they said at E3.

Side note, the multiplayer in ME3 wasn't a combat simulator. Those missions were teams of allied forces sent to hold positions after Shepard completed his/her missions there. APEX teams in Andromeda had their own missions which had nothing to do with Ryder aside from Ryder having the ability to allocate specific teams to specific missions.

The same can be said for the majority of studios. So few games are SP only these days. Look at the announced titles at E3. They're almost all all PvP or co-op. Prey DLC? Co-op. New Wolfenstien? Co-op. Fallout game? MP. Ghost Recon Wildlands? Co-op, although semi workable in SP. Far Cry 5? Designed half in mind for co-op. Hitman 2? Designed around co-op and online. Don't recall Rage 2 but I would be amazed if it was centered around an SP only campaign.

At best we get games designed around co-op that have a semi workable SP mode. Most IPs are rapidly shifting and it will get worse. We do have a few left thankfully, Tomb Raider, Just Cause, Assassin's Creed, Metro and of course Cyberpunk. But the numbers are dwindling.
The gaming community can only handle so many mp titles. Eventually these mp only games will start becoming huge flops. And I do hope that Anthem will be one of those huge flops. It certainly looks extremely dull and generic from a gameplay perspective. I hope that instead of closing Bioware EA would realize that a huge percentage of gamers are not interested in MP at all. There needs to be some kind of balance. It seems to me that a good SP title can be a hit, despite having other similar SP games released at the same time. That however is not true for MP games. As they siphon the player base from each other. Just look how the MMO bubble burst. A few years ago everyone was making MMOs, and most fell into obscurity fast and hard.

Bioware has said they want to go back to Mass Effect, but I wouldn't count on it for a long time. Anthem has to release and do well if Bioware has any hope of surviving. Then they are working on a Dragon Age game. If Anthem is a big hit, I'd expect Anthem 2 following the next Dragon Age. Then maybe they'll get back to Mass Effect.
If Anthem is a big hit, that would just reinforce EA to make more MP focused games and put any story oriented single player game on the backburner, or on hold indefinitely.

Lol. No way i'd ever support that piece of shit.
I'd support it if it wasn't a piece of shit vaporware. But I already supported it in advance, shame on me.

The gaming community can only handle so many mp titles. Eventually these mp only games will start becoming huge flops. And I do hope that Anthem will be one of those huge flops. It certainly looks extremely dull and generic from a gameplay perspective. I hope that instead of closing Bioware EA would realize that a huge percentage of gamers are not interested in MP at all. There needs to be some kind of balance. It seems to me that a good SP title can be a hit, despite having other similar SP games released at the same time. That however is not true for MP games. As they siphon the player base from each other. Just look how the MMO bubble burst. A few years ago everyone was making MMOs, and most fell into obscurity fast and hard.

Don't think that will ever happen. If Anthem flops, EA will just blame then close Bioware for good.

I'm afraid Fortnite is the death knell of single player games. They're making hundreds of millions if dollars on what is basically a mobile game. Nevermind the fact 75% of the people playing it are around 10 years old, they're still selling out money hand over fist to buy basically nothing. My kid is a prime example, he constantly wants money so he can buy new skins that do absolutely nothing but change the way the character looks.

I'm afraid that developers and publishers are finally going to just toss single player games overboard and start cranking out Fortnite style games.

I'm hoping the new Tomb Raider and Rage sell very well otherwise it may be a while before we see great, AAA single-player games again.

Don't think that will ever happen. If Anthem flops, EA will just blame then close Bioware for good.

I'm afraid Fortnite is the death knell of single player games. They're making hundreds of millions if dollars on what is basically a mobile game. Nevermind the fact 75% of the people playing it are around 10 years old, they're still selling out money hand over fist to buy basically nothing. My kid is a prime example, he constantly wants money so he can buy new skins that do absolutely nothing but change the way the character looks.

I'm afraid that developers and publishers are finally going to just toss single player games overboard and start cranking out Fortnite style games.

I'm hoping the new Tomb Raider and Rage sell very well otherwise it may be a while before we see great, AAA single-player games again.

Cyberpunk 2077's trailer was the most looked at from all the E3 games so there is still some hope (https://www.pcgamer.com/e3-2018-best-trailers-pc/)

There will always be companies that do their own thing no matter what the current trend is because there is an audience for it (look at the RPG revival that happened via Kickstarter campaigns)

Cyberpunk 2077's trailer was the most looked at from all the E3 games so there is still some hope (https://www.pcgamer.com/e3-2018-best-trailers-pc/)

There will always be companies that do their own thing no matter what the current trend is because there is an audience for it (look at the RPG revival that happened via Kickstarter campaigns)

Man I hope so because I generally couldn't care less about multi-player. Most of what I play now are older games like Batman, ME, Crysis... Can't find any good single player action games much these days

That's exactly what is not going to work. if everyone is making a fortnite clone none of them will make millions as the market won't become bigger because there are more games. They'll just fragment the market, which I'm hoping will result in some giant eye opening flops.

That's exactly what is not going to work. if everyone is making a fortnite clone none of them will make millions as the market won't become bigger because there are more games. They'll just fragment the market, which I'm hoping will result in some giant eye opening flops.

The gaming industry has proven time and time again that they're not only tone deaf to what their customers actually want but they also copy what the other guy is doing. Fortnite made over $100 million in February, over $200 million in March and $300 in April! A game that makes nearly a billion dollars in less than 6 months is a game every developer is going to try and copy...just like they did with the Call of Duty/Battlefield craze.

The gaming industry has proven time and time again that they're not only tone deaf to what their customers actually want but they also copy what the other guy is doing. Fortnite made over $100 million in February, over $200 million in March and $300 in April! A game that makes nearly a billion dollars in less than 6 months is a game every developer is going to try and copy...just like they did with the Call of Duty/Battlefield craze.
They also tried to copy WOW, lhat didn't turn out that well either. Ironically the multiplayer genre is not big enough for multiple big players.

They also tried to copy WOW, lhat didn't turn out that well either. Ironically the multiplayer genre is not big enough for multiple big players.

No, it's not big enough for that, but it's the audience most likely to allow themselves to be nickel and dimed the most.

The single player crowd won't put up with that as much, unless it's a really good DLC with some worthwhile content for the most part.

Back