• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Separate Card vs MB sound

ottozylch46

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 7, 2009
Messages
77
I have a set of Logitech Z-5300 speakers hooked up to the on-board sound on a Gigabyte P35-DS3R. I watch movies and listen to music mostly, hardly any gaming.
I have an opportunity to buy a X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro from someone at work for a very cheap price.
My question is, would I actually hear any difference from what I am already using?

Now, I am not an audio expert by any means and don't want to be one. I think that it sounds good as it is now, but have nothing to compare it to. Just an average set of ears.

Just looking to see if its worth buying and trying or something that I probable won't even notice.

Thanks.
 
The fatal1ty series are designed around gaming.

You will notice a difference in day to day use (music/movies) but in reality, your ears will just get used to it anyways..

eg. if you use your onboard sound for a while you'll get used to that and it sounds fine, then if you change to soundcard you'll notice it sounds clearer and slightly more prominent (not volume) and you'll get used to that, then if you changed back to onboard sound you'd notice the lesser quality but you would get used to that after a couple of days...

Your speakers aren't really gonna give you the clear audio that the soundcard is capable of, but they will gain a slight improvement..

I think in your case:
average ears.. onboard sound sounds good.. logitech speakers... don't play games =no not worth it.

nb: -You could grab some home theatre speakers and get gaming... and then you will be getting your value/perfomance

:Luca
 
Back
Top