SENTRY: Console-sized gaming PC case project

I received mine in an email from AlleKurier.pl, not directly from the Ząber guys like it seems some people have. I checked with team Ząber just to be sure this is the legitimate email (it appears to be but you never know). So be sure to check your junk/spam folder for emails from a Polish courier.

Don't worry. Everything is ok. Our transport companies are sending emails. If we find out that someone could not get the email, we are sending him the data to track his package (just in case).

Hi guys, I'm really excited for this case and can't wait for it, but unfortunately I've missed the campaign. So if anyone want's to sell his sentry I'll be willing to provide it a new home :) Already have ryzen 1500X and biostar am4 mini itx board ordered, and soon either gigabyte G1 1080 or (more probably) 1080ti. I'm planning on shortening the 1500X's wraith spire cooler (want to use it instead of stealth because it has the copper base). I'm from EU (for shipping), thanks! :)

Hi guys, I'm really excited for this case and can't wait for it, but unfortunately I've missed the campaign. So if anyone want's to sell his sentry I'll be willing to provide it a new home :) Already have ryzen 1500X and biostar am4 mini itx board ordered, and soon either gigabyte G1 1080 or (more probably) 1080ti. I'm planning on shortening the 1500X's wraith spire cooler (want to use it instead of stealth because it has the copper base). I'm from EU (for shipping), thanks! :)

I feel you bro. I fear people will keep theirs, greedy basterds they are ;).

Haha, it seems we all can't wait ;) Well, the case is a game changer for all SFF enthusiasts, plus it's so beautiful and well made that I can't wait to grab one myself. The fact that I get to support a domestic company makes it even sweeter, I hope the ZABER guys continue to make awesome stuff for the PC market, they definitely have the skills and passion for it.

Don't worry. Everything is ok. Our transport companies are sending emails. If we find out that someone could not get the email, we are sending him the data to track his package (just in case).
There is something I do not understand yet. I read that the white cases will be delayed due to the paint shop taking longer than expected. Does this mean that you will go ahead and get the next batch of 150 black cases ready for delivery (if you already received them) skipping the white cases? Meaning there will be a possibility for people who order the black case at a later time to get them much faster than originally planned.

We'll see how it goes after delivering this campaign batch. Up until some point when we were preparing for manufacturing, we thought we could do the retail in June or July. Now we're not so sure, because the talk about the money with retailers gets pretty hard, since they mostly treat us like the case is mass produced in China. They want more of a cut in the price than what there is possible to make with current manufacturing process. Feedback and satisfaction of the campaign backers will be deciding factor on that, I think.

Definitely understand. Here's hoping! :). Best of luck getting out your current batch! Looks like great work so far!

There is something I do not understand yet. I read that the white cases will be delayed due to the paint shop taking longer than expected. Does this mean that you will go ahead and get the next batch of 150 black cases ready for delivery (if you already received them) skipping the white cases?

Yes and no. Think about making Sentry as a whole process. We start from quality check and assembling of stands for vertical position. After that we are preparing accessory boxes, which are also similar for black and white cases, but we don't seal them, so we still have a chance to switch black elements to white ones. Finally, when we are checking and assembling steel body parts of Sentry, it is day 3 or 4 of the week. If within those 3-4 days we will receive white elements, then we will try to keep with the plan and assembly white cases. If not, then we will proceed with another black cases which we already received.

To sum up: We are still trying to keep to the plan, even if there are external factors making a mess with delays. If we will be able to make white cases this week, we will go this way. If not, it will be just like you said.

Haha, it seems we all can't wait ;) Well, the case is a game changer for all SFF enthusiasts, plus it's so beautiful and well made that I can't wait to grab one myself. The fact that I get to support a domestic company makes it even sweeter, I hope the ZABER guys continue to make awesome stuff for the PC market, they definitely have the skills and passion for it.

Yep, it's truly a majestic piece of steel and it really converted me to a true SFF enthusiast. I can't even look at regular cases now :D

the factory will most likely go rogue making a counterfeit product and ruining our business.
Well, if Chinese would like to make a counterfeit Sentry case, they would just buy one from you, reverse-engineer it and produce it

Is there a way I can check what order number I am? I am trying to see if I am in the first 150 batch of white cases or not.

Good to see him shut down the 4pin worries on a 1600X. Still want to see an OC on it with a 1700X

Good to see him shut down the 4pin worries on a 1600X. Still want to see an OC on it with a 1700X

The 8 pin usually doesn't make a difference. It doesn't deliver substantially more power so much as cleaner/smoother power. In which case a better cpu vrm is more important than 8 pin vs 4 pin. A good psu helps too. I can get my i7-4790K to 4.8ghz on my itx board with 4-pin cpu power, no problem. I could probably push it further but I don't want to crank the voltage too high.

Is there a way I can check what order number I am? I am trying to see if I am in the first 150 batch of white cases or not.

Subtract about 25 form your order number to get a more accurate idea of where you are in line. My order number is 57 but I'm actually 39th in line according to the list of backers on the Indiegogo page. A significant number of people seem to have backed out.

Last edited:
Well, if Chinese would like to make a counterfeit Sentry case, they would just buy one from you, reverse-engineer it and produce it

This is the product for the niche market, people want for one part premium quality and brand, and also it's a small community so people prefer to buy from the original maker. Also they couldn't sell enough quantity for them to really earn some money with their small margin. (Even dr zaber have relatively small margin.)

The 8 pin usually doesn't make a difference. It doesn't deliver substantially more power so much as cleaner/smoother power. In which case a better cpu vrm is more important than 8 pin vs 4 pin. A good psu helps too. I can get my i7-4790K to 4.8ghz on my itx board with 4-pin cpu power, no problem. I could probably push it further but I don't want to crank the voltage too high.

I believe the 4 pin is only rated for 140W, and I don't know what the load of a 1700X puts out when overclocked. I'm sure the 4 pin can deliver more than 140W, like PSU can deliver more than what's rated, but at what cost and how long? Would it just crash? Or would the Motherboard die? CPU?

Things I don't quite know about CPU power delivery

I believe the 4 pin is only rated for 140W, and I don't know what the load of a 1700X puts out when overclocked. I'm sure the 4 pin can deliver more than 140W, like PSU can deliver more than what's rated, but at what cost and how long? Would it just crash? Or would the Motherboard die? CPU?

Things I don't quite know about CPU power delivery

Like I said, usually doesn't make a difference. The only situation in which I could imagine it will matter is for 24/7 sustained 100% load with massive overclocking. Then it will be less stable for sure. You'll get a blue screen of death or perhaps it will just shut down suddenly. But assuming a more normal sporadic load your psu should handle any brief peaks above 140W that a 1700x or 7700k could draw. That's why you should avoid cheap no-name brand psu's. There's obviously more to it than this, Intel used to have a FIVR (voltage regulator) on the cpu. I think they moved it back to the motherboard recently with Kaby Lake. And then there's Ryzen, which I have no idea how voltage regulation works there. If you want to learn more there are a few YouTubers such as GamersNexus and Actually Hardcore Overclocking that cover this stuff more in depth than I can even understand.

Haha. If that "subtract 25" trick is true, then I'm number 1111! Cool.

Well seeing as 20 people dropped out between me at 57 and whoever is #1. Then potentially 100+ people could have dropped out between you and #1. No matter what, you can sleep easy knowing that your sentry will arrive as quickly as team Ząber can ship them.

Last edited:
Well, to be fair, the FTW2 has a TDP of 215W and it's more or less comparable to other 1080s out there
EVGA SC2 has the same TDP as the EVGA Founders Edition of 180W which is 35W more than the FTW2. 35W is a lot of heat in a small case to dissipate.

Both the SC2 and Founders Edition have the same physical dimensions 10.5in - 266.7mm x Dual Slot x 4.376in - 111.15mm, while the FTW2 is 10.5in - 266.7mm x Dual Slot x 5.064in - 128.626mm so fit wise the SC2 is going to be a better choice.

The other thing is the SC2 shows the Base / Boost Clock as 1708 MHz / 1847 MHz compared to the FTW2 as 1721 MHz / 1860 MHz making the Texture Fill Rate of 273.2 vs 275.3 for the FTW2, so while the FTW2 has a slightly higher Texture Fill Rate it comes at the extra 35W price.

IMHO the SC2 is the better option and it's what I have purchased.

It's not that simple. Their decision on copying is based on ratio between how successful the product is/how big the market for it is and how easy it is to copy/how much they need to invest in it to manufacture. Niche product like Sentry will be out of their scope of interest, hopefully, until we start producing in tens of thousands.

It would get interesting for them if we were to invest in the Chinese factory in moulds for mass production and technological tooling for welding those welds we need precisely for Sentry so the worker places to parts in the holder and pushes the button to make a weld spot. At that point it would mean they need to invest literally nothing, "0", to start making our case, so even if it's a niche product, their sellers/marketers can figure out if it'll sell or not.

With cases like M1 or A4-SFX or any other standard ATX case it's whole lot easier to copy them since there's no welding required and the frame is split into more pieces that have simple bends, but with Sentry the number of bends on the chassis base makes it not so easy to make a mould for and therefore quite expensive.

While the first 150 black cases were rock solid between orders 1 and 300, the white units weren't selling that fast from the start and therefore the order numbers are scattered across few more hundreds :)

Why not just a second Indigogo campaign ?

I just looked at the Dan Case site and that's pretty much what they are doing for v2. I hadn't looked at his thread in a long while and had missed the first round. Maybe if a poll was made to see what interest would be for another round. :)

I just looked at the Dan Case site and that's pretty much what they are doing for v2. I hadn't looked at his thread in a long while and had missed the first round. Maybe if a poll was made to see what interest would be for another round. :)

Yes, they're doing it for v2. That's an important detail, as it's against to rules to relaunch the same project twice on indiegogo. They would need to do a "v2" or something like that to make it happen.

Yes, they're doing it for v2. That's an important detail, as it's against to rules to relaunch the same project twice on indiegogo. They would need to do a "v2" or something like that to make it happen.

They're doing it on Kickstarter. I'm not sure if they have the same rules. Also, it doesn't seem apparent what changes, if any, there are for the "v2".

Please, make some photos or maybe opening video, tell us your first expression:nailbiting: Your're the first owner, give us some more information!
It's said its been in transit since yesterday morning with no changes on USPS or the Polish courier website. Should I be worried?

It's said its been in transit since yesterday morning with no changes on USPS or the Polish courier website. Should I be worried?

Nope. It takes time to cross oceans. Also tracking tends to be delayed or never even updated at all for some international couriers. I've had several products direct from Asia with a valid tracking number that never have a single update until, bam, on my doorstep. I think the couriers Ząber went with are probably better than that but it's still international shipping. You have nothing to worry about, your Sentry will arrive when it arrives.

I think that tracking will pop up on USPS when the package will cross US boarder. Until that happens you can track it in Polish tracking system we have provided.

.....so I have a case coming in got the tracking but I cannot build it :cry:. Anyone interested on buying this black case from me. After all the wait I just cant build it..kids.., I may put it up on ebay if nobody has any offers

.....so I have a case coming in got the tracking but I cannot build it :cry:. Anyone interested on buying this black case from me. After all the wait I just cant build it..kids.., I may put it up on ebay if nobody has any offers

Why you can't build this?

As for selling the case - there were quite a few people asking if someone wants to sell here recently :)

I'm a little confused with the link I got. States "NORMAL transition HUB" when it is translated I expect it's still to be shipped and still in Poland.
On the USPS tracking site says Your item has been processed through a facility in PRUSZCZ GDANSKI WER, POLAND on May 8, 2017 at 10:56 am. But the Polish courier website does not list the package as having left the facility. Should I be worried?

On the USPS tracking site says Your item has been processed through a facility in PRUSZCZ GDANSKI WER, POLAND on May 8, 2017 at 10:56 am. But the Polish courier website does not list the package as having left the facility. Should I be worried?

In PRUSZCZ GDAŃSKI there is one of customs services department. It means, we have to wait. Probably tomorrow they will update the tracking information.

Back