SENTRY: Console-sized gaming PC case project

I added my phone number to address line 2 with my country code (+), hopefully that works.

Agreed, what is the preferred input of a phone number?

+11234567899
+1 1234567899
+1 123-456-7899
+1-123-456-7899
+1 (123) 456-7899

So many ways! I'll do the second until you say otherwise.

+11234567899
+1 1234567899
+1 123-456-7899
+1-123-456-7899
+1 (123) 456-7899

I did option 2

Reactions: RosaJ
like this

+11234567899
+1 1234567899
+1 123-456-7899
+1-123-456-7899
+1 (123) 456-7899

When you order something online in your country, what number you give to the seller? The answer to this question is your answer :) This phone number will be used by transport company inside your country or by your customs services, so it should be easy to understand for them, not for us.

Good response, Zombi. How silly of us asking you guys, over in Germany.

Since it will be within the US, I doubt we will need the +1 at all.

I'm kicking myself for cancelling my order. I had something come up that I needed the money for. How soon after the Indigogo cases go out will the case go on sale to the public? Will white be available?

I'm kicking myself for cancelling my order. I had something come up that I needed the money for. How soon after the Indigogo cases go out will the case go on sale to the public? Will white be available?

We will see :) everything depends what feedback we will get. We need to know if people will like what they will get in their hands. And we can't really say if the white case will be available. It is really very problematic for us to paint products in two separate places, which also makes white sentry cases less cost and time effective. We will decide after we will send all of the packages.

btw. We just made another quick update on our indiegogo campaign page to solve the "adding phone number issue".

We will see :) everything depends what feedback we will get. We need to know if people will like what they will get in their hands. And we can't really say if the white case will be available. It is really very problematic for us to paint products in two separate places, which also makes white sentry cases less cost and time effective. We will decide after we will send all of the packages.

btw. We just made another quick update on our indiegogo campaign page to solve the "adding phone number issue".

Ok, thanks for the update. If anyone has second thoughts about their white case, I'll gladly take their spot. ;)

I can see that the filters are available now :)

http://www.demcifilter.com/c289/DR-ZABER-SENTRY.aspx

Additional drawings detailing where/how those filters are mounted:

Horizontal Exploaded.png Vertical Exploaded.png

In horizontal position one of the filters goes inside the GPU chamber below the card.

Hi all! I backed the Sentry during the campaign, but I can't decide whether to buy a 7500 or a 1500X, and hoped y'all could help me out.

I'm upgrading from a 3470, and that's already adequate for me performance-wise, so I don't think I care about performance differences.

What I can't figure out is the difference in heat. I'm...given to believe a 7500 will run way cooler? But maybe I am wrong. This is why I ask.

Edit: At stock, I mean. I have no intention of overclocking.

Hi all! I backed the Sentry during the campaign, but I can't decide whether to buy a 7500 or a 1500X, and hoped y'all could help me out.

I'm upgrading from a 3470, and that's already adequate for me performance-wise, so I don't think I care about performance differences.

What I can't figure out is the difference in heat. I'm...given to believe a 7500 will run way cooler? But maybe I am wrong. This is why I ask.

Edit: At stock, I mean. I have no intention of overclocking.
If you don't care about game performance you will get a better value from the 1500x

Between the normal weekly vacuums and general house cleaning I've had no issues with dust in my case since moving it to the top of my desk. After 6 months I think only the front fan (200mm) had some on it.

My thoughts are with sentry it'll be about the same which will be nice since I'll probably only ever have to clean it once or twice a year.

And do we suppose it would run cooler?
If you want it to run cooler, do like I did and buy a 35W TDP CPU. I have a core i5 7500T, if you can find one at a reasonable price go for an i7 7700T. I coupled mine with a copper core Intel box cooler from a 95W TDP CPU.

I'm super excited for the Sentry and can't wait until I get mine! What would be the best cooler for a Ryzen 7 1700 65W CPU? I plan on running this likely with Vega and ASRock's upcoming ITX board for Ryzen.

1 Heatpipe @ a max TDP of 130W? Depending on price I'll have to see about testing it to believe it.

Out of pure interest, are you making the number plates with imprints yourself ? are they finished aready ?

Sentry is getting so close! I can't wait!

I already have so many ideas for customization. Planning to use a silver, machined, RGB vandal switch for the power button.
42dCuU5.jpg

Got some machined aluminum feet from Lian Li too. They look just like these below on my pc-q01. Going to make my sentrys look super clean and professional.
hfMkupK.jpg

MVsJM2T.jpg

As soon as I get my Sentries I'll be ordering custom psu cables. Maybe from CableMod. I've emailed their customer service and unfortunately the shortest lengths they'll do are what are defined in their configurator. So for the 24pin that's 250mm (9.8in)!! But I suppose individually sleeved cables are easier to bend and manage than rock hard stock psu ribbon type cables. We'll see.

Also tempted to check out some vinyl skins. Maybe some tasteful, subtle rgb glow underneath the case. So many options!

Anyone else planning their Sentry build mods yet?

Last edited:
Out of pure interest, are you making the number plates with imprints yourself ? are they finished aready ?

The answer isn't as simple as it looks like:
- yes, the plates with numbers are already finished,
- no, we aren't making them by ourselves. We ordered some samples from different sources and we picked the best one, which we choose for your Sentry,
- we though about making simple paper stickers which are 10 or even 20 times cheaper then those we are sending with Sentry, but in our industry if you give a sticker instead of an aluminium or steel badge it is seen as a lack of respect to the customer. So YES, you will get an aluminium, laser engravered badge, which is already made.

We used to make an update on Saturday evening or Sunday morning, but this time it will be a little bit late, probably Sunday evening. We got tons of emails which we need to answer and also we are filling shipping forms for the first part of Sentry cases, so we need some time to move forward. In Poland we already have the 30th of April (it's 1:35 am CET when i'm writing this post) which is the last day of this month, so for us, as engineers, it is a deadline to give you an information about sending the packages. Some of you probably noticed 2 days ago (28.04 and 29 04) we have locked their indiegogo shipping change option. In few hour we will send you an update with all the information you would need or expect. We are ready with the first transport of Sentry cases, but there will be some good and bad information. We will explain everything in the update.

p.s. but don't worry too much :)

Anyone else planning their Sentry build mods yet?

Definitely! Just OC'd my 1070 running 2050MHz with 9GHz Mem on 1.000V with a very quiet fan curve maxing out at 72C (fan speed is 65% at 75C then bumps to 100%, but after 6 tests never made it past 72C) . Thinking really hard about taking a trip to Microcenter for a R5 1600 or R7 1700 with the Biostar B350/X370 and order a Dynatron T318 to be used with SaperPL's AM4 adaptor. I would like to get a true white LED Vandal switch so no RGB for me.

Back