Sennheiser PC161 headset help

Pegi

Limp Gawd
Don't usually use a headset but thought one might be useful online so picked up Sennheiser PC161. I have a 5.1 speaker system (Creative Gigaworks S700), which has a small control pod that sits on the desk. There's an input for the headphone but none for the microphone. Don't want to plug headphone and mike into the back of the computer directly into the sound card, as then I would have to disconnect the speakers to do so and I'd like the option to use both.

Found an adapter (Logitech) that one can use to plug in the headphone/mike and then plug into a USB outlet. Doesn't seem to work as sound still comes from the speakers, not the headset. Don't know if it's the fault of the adapter or maybe it's this control pod that is screwing things up.

Bottom line, is there any easy use to use this headset, short of unplugging the speakers in the back? Any other adapters?

Appreciate the reply but don't think that will work for me. Speaker pod and computer are quite a distance away from each other. Will try to rig up an extension from the microphone jack in the back of the computer to the speaker pod console. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something a bit more elementary before I got hubby to work this up for me....thanks!

Back