Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME vs HD 598+mic

sunchaser

n00b
Hi people,

I've owned the 598 for a week or two now and bought a separate mic to go with it.
I'm very satisfied with the sound for both gaming and movies, only the separate mic cable is bothering me.
So i was thinking of buying the 360 as it has a built-in mic.
My question is if the sound signature of the 360 is the same as the 598?
I read that the signature of the 360 is more like the 558 which in its turn is similar to the 598, so i don't know.

Any one had any experience with both headphones?

Thanks on any advice!
Joseph

I have the PC360's and love them, but I cannot comment on the comparison headphones since I do not have them. Im pretty sure the 360's have the exact same drivers as the 598's but im not 100%.

I'm really not sure wtf happened to the pricing of the PC360's and the 350's because I got a brand new pair of 360's off amazon in November and paid $145 shipped. Now the price is $250? WTF ?

EDIT: Looks like they replaced the 350/360 with the Game One

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Frankly the biggest selling point for me on the 598's was the comfort level for high periods of listening. I have a number of high end cans and the 598s are the most comfortable pair of headphones I've ever used.

If it were me I would get a little techflex and wrap the cables together.

I second what Zangmonkey said. Get some techflex and wrap the cables together. Then you don't have to worry about the cable.

I've got 360s and 650s.

For games 360s all day everyday, for music 650s all day every day.

The 598s are a pair of great sounding and comfortable headphones so i wouldn't wanna make a step down.
Cable sleeving looks like the way to go :)
Thanks guys.

Which version of techflex do you guys use? It looks like they have fifty kinds...

The PC360's do not sound as good as the HD598's. Very little bass, with a smaller soundstage. They are pretty much HD555's with a mic, is what I would say they come closer to than anything.

Back