Sennheiser HD555 problems

Ovreel

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
292
I just bought a set of these headphones a few weeks ago, and I'm already hearing some crackling and buzzing. I haven't really turned them up super loud or anything like that either. Is this just something that'll happen until they're really broken in? Or did I get a bad set?
 
Lame :|

Definitely get crackling during base-heavy parts of music and games.
 
No big deal. You probably have a hair strand stuck in the driver. Take a look around the cups and yank it out.
 
What are you using to power it? Try it with another source aka player, receiver, anything that will power them.
 
well I've gone from the headphone jack on my computer, to my ipod, to the motherboard jack. The only one that I wasn't hearing crackling from was the motherboard, but I was only playing some CS:S during that time.

On my iPod I only had the volume at 50% and was getting a lot of crackle during 69 Tea by Seether.
 
You weren't just trying the single audio file, right? If it keeps crackling for that file but not for a game...

I only ask because sometimes it actually comes up. :D
 
Nah it was crackling for a few :p

New set came in today and I sent the old one off with UPS, so it's all good now. Now all I need to do is learn some more about video cards!
 
Video cards, eh? I found your sound card thread, what did you need to know about video cards? (If you've got a thread for that, just link it.)
 
Back
Top