• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Sennheiser HD555 or Audio Technica A500?

Funky_Junk

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 1, 2005
Messages
353
Im looking to buy a new pair of headphones to listen to withy my Audigy 2 ZS. I listen to mostly classic rock and play lots of fps games. I've narrowed it down to the Sennheiser HD555 or Audio Technica A500. They are both exactly the same price ($100). As far as sound quality goes which one do you think would give me the best experience? Thanks for your opinion.
 
I'm going with the Audio Technica A500 from Audiocubes.com, whether which one is better I think is a personal choice. I was in the same posistion a little while ago and because of the good reviews and recommendations went with the Audio Technica A500.
 
Personally, IMO I preferred the sound of the ATH-A500s over the HD555.

Reason, I liked the soundstage of the audio technica's better. The 2 were actually rather similar in quality, but the Audio Technica sound stage was better. The Senns were not as laid back as the 580/600/650 line, nor did they have as robust of a sound. In this case the Audio Technica's sounded better.

I think the 555 is a nice headphone, but if it was my money I would get the ATH-A500s
 
I've got a brand new pair of 555s sitting here and have been lookin to sell them. I'll sell them for $60 shipped if you're interested.

I decided to go with the more expensive 595s.
 
never worn/heard the HD555, but i can say the A500 is freakn comfortable and sounds clean
 
can't go wrong with either but tomy ears the a500 is lacking in the middle range and is closed so u can't hear anyone screaming at you to clean your room. they are very comfy tho. I prefer the 555s sound.
 
Back
Top