• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sennheiser HD-595 (50ohm version)

NKDietrich

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
5,442
What sound card would you folks recommend for these cans? I'm looking to upgrade from my onboard Soundstorm setup to something perhaps a bit more suited to music and driving a decent set of headphones. I don't really have the time or inclination to game much anymore.
 
If you don't care about gaming then I recommend the EMU 0404 or 1212m. WIth the latest patch you can actually game with the 0404 just fine. Sounds great for the money.

Actually if I were you I would just buy a external DAC like a Channel Islands Audio VDA-1, I read he is coming out with a new better one for around the same price within a month too :p

www.ciaudio.com
 
I'll look into that, thanks.

The only gaming I do is, for instance, World of Warcraft. And when I'm playing that, I have its sounds turned off, and music playing instead.
 
Oh yeah one thing I forgot to mention, the 0404 sounds absolutely horrible without an amp.

I ran the 595s for about 7 months on the 0404, but you NEED an amp with it. It is not amped at all, the signal sounds worse than onboard audio without an amp, it would be a complete waste of the 595s.

Even a $60 Pocket Amp V2 from www.electric-avenues.com makes a Night and Day difference on the EMU0404. So just a heads up, you may just want to get an X-Fi or something if you refuse to consider getting an amp, I know some do.
 
Back
Top