• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sennheiser HD 280 for $80

I think it's a pretty good price. I picked mine up (Silver) from ZZF shortly after Christmas for $87.30 shipped. $80 is the best price I've seen so far so it seems like a good buy to me.
 
it's a good price. I've heard that they have a rather flat sound that isn't that great for games/music/movies. they are supposed to be great for mixing though
 
How much better are these cans when compared to my eh 150s? I have also heard these sound good regardless if you have an amp or not, is this true?
 
I wish I could help you out man but I am lost when it comes to the world of headphones :(, I've just heard a lot of good things about the HD595's
 
I think the headphones are pretty good for many things although you are correct that they are a little on the flat side. Keep in mind though, these are closed headphones and they do attenuate a lot of outside noise so some of that is to be expected. Right now, I only use them for my stage piano and they sound perfectly good to me.
 
i would hardly call the 280pro flat.. but for the price, I still think they are decent
 
ReD DrakE said:
i would hardly call the 280pro flat.. but for the price, I still think they are decent

Agreed.
In fact you took the words right out of my fingers. :p
 
The HD595 and HD280 are designed for very different uses. The HD280 is designed for reference work where sound isolation and budget are concerns, and the HD595 is for audiophile level music listening.

That said, I'm quite fond of my HD280 for all-around use, and I can't wait to get them back from Sennheiser (the headband broke - apparently they changed the design since I got my cans in '04).
 
Back
Top