• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sennheiser 555 vs 595

AJaxx.

n00b
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
31
I would just like to know if the 595 are really worth the extra 60 bucks and if I'll notice a big difference?? Thanks.
 
Sennheiser HD555 ($155)
Looks and feels very good. Sound is balanced and smooth, but when compared to the others, it's fairly dark, distant and veiled. This loses some details. If you have a very bright system, it could be a nice match. Not a lot of energy, so it might not be the best phone if you like heavy metal and such. Overall not a bad phone for the money. If you disregard the veil, it's very nicely balanced.

Sennheiser HD595 ($210)
Headroom says it's a great alternative to the HD600, and I think they're right. I found the HD600 veiled and a little distant. The HD595 is energetic and detailed, but still quite smooth and balanced. It's still more "polite" than the best Beyers, but that might suit some people just fine. A very good headphone, which I think is worth the money. I wouldn't be surprised to find a HD595 in my collection in the future.


basic gist of the post
 
Back
Top