SennHD600 MassDrop

Ah ok. No I don't want to buy from Australia, the shipping to the US would kill the savings. I'm sooo tempted by the deal but I don't want to wait until the end of the month for them to ship but I don't exactly need them either LOL (first world problems).

Just buy it and use it now and then, if you don't like you can sell it off for very little lost.

I've got a pair of Audio Technica ATH-A900X cans, how do these stack up?

I rocked the A900's for a while and upgraded to the HD650.. They are night and day different, The HD600's are more balanced I think and easier to drive than the HD650's. You will first notice the bass is much more pronounced and controlled.Then you will find that in music you will hear more of the delicate notes you never new existed. Lastly for movies they are more enveloping as you will have a much broader range in sound.

In terms of driveability, no difference between the 580/600 and 650. The only thing different is you need something polar sounding to bring the 650 out of it's dark sound which is it's own sound signature.

These headphones + an OTL tube amp especially one using an 6AS7 for driver can't be beat.

The A900's are mediocre, the AD900 is better.

This or the HD650?

Similar sound signature; but 650s are a bit warmer. Depends on taste I think; people argue which is better; I chose 650s as warmth tends to be less fatiguing to me; and I bought to use as my primary Gaming headphones. I also paired with tubes to push it a little further in that direction. (I had an O2 when I received the 650s; was a *little* brighter than i'd prefer, the tubes fixed that nicely).

I'm back to thinking about picking these up. I've got a JVC HA-RX900 which is pretty good, especially considering that I'm using it with a Asus Xonar DX (not the best soundcard for headphone jacks), and mostly for gaming. However, I occasionally use them for a very long time and they become painful on my head. I really want a good sounding headset that is lighter. That's what got me thinking about the HD598. If I get these, I'll probably upgrade to the Asus Xonar Essence STX and stop using front panel headphone connections.

I haven't budgeted for these, though I can afford them right now.

If you can use an iron and solder for $270 shipped the Bottlehead Crack kit. Best option and sound wise within the $1k bracket.

If you can use an iron and solder for $270 shipped the Bottlehead Crack kit. Best option and sound wise within the $1k bracket.

I caved and joined the drop. I had to order a Xonar Essence STD too. ;) I like this amp though. I may go this route when/if I decided to add a separate amp. I like DiY stuff and that's just cool as hell (and reasonable).

Back