• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Senn PC150/PC155 differences other than USB

thomase

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 2, 2004
Messages
361
I have heard that the only difference between these two is that the PC155 has a detachable USB audio device adapter (which I don't need). However, the web site says that the PC155 has XL ear caps while it says nothing of the sort for the PC150. Further confusing the issue, XL ears caps implies circumaural to me (around the ear) while all info on the PC150 that I have found suggests that they are suppraaural (on the ear). From what I can tell from pictures (haven't seen them in person), the PC150 look like they have the same ear pads as the PC155, which strangely enough, do LOOK like they cover the entire ear. I also noticed that the color of the 2 units is different. Although this is minor, it suggests that the different packages are NOT based on the EXACT same hardware and perhaps other things could be different as well. Finally, the website mentions that the PC150 ears pads are interchangable, but I have not been able to find any place where you can by different ear pads.
 
There is is very little information regarding the PC-155's, but AFIK they are exactly the dame except for USB on the 155's.
 
150s go on the ear, they definatley weren't meant to cover the whole ear inside.
 
I dont know the differences but does the Senns 155 USB has really have surround sound using USB?

Link:
http://www.askdirect.co.uk/search/Sennheiser_PC155USB.html

This is quite expensive if they are practically similiar in features and construction. Is just using USB technology but it cost double the price of 150s. Although in reviews people don't prefer the USB technology (i think).
 
I also want to know the difference. For that much of a price difference, I expect leaps and bounds performance wise...
 
I would assume that the "surround sound" they are talking about is simply DirectSound3D/HRTF support built in to the USB audio device and/or included drivers. I suspect its not anything different than what you would get with a good soundcard.
 
Back
Top