• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Senn HD570, What's next?

OrAnGe

Gawd
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
778
Years back I had Plantronics audio .90's and they sounded good and had a great mic. Unfortunetly I went through like 3 or 4 pairs of em because the cord always messed up.

I eventually bought some Sennheiser HD 570's and just got a cheap desktop mic. But I get alot of complaints about the mic, etc.

Sooo I was wondering what headset you guys would recommend these days.

I breifly looked at the sennheiser PC150-165, etc ,etc. But I don't know. I don't feel like researching to much cause that always makes me spend more money then I had originaly intended.

What ever I could get with 150$ is in my range. Well if it's good enough then maybe i'd spend $200. I've not read into amps or anything digital but if thats an option in that range , plz tell me. All I use to jack up the sound on my Senn's is the headphone jack on the Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1's .

I have an Audigy 2 ZS and whatever is onboard my MSI Neo4 Platinum Ultra.

thx
 
Personally I would recomend you just find a better mic.

I've got a mic I got at staples for $8 and I have heard no complaints at all. I also have the HD570s.

Unless you really don't like your headphones I would say check into changing some audio settings (play with mic gain, 20 db boost etc.).

I don't have any reccomendations for a headset with a mic though sorry.
 
I got a 10$ Mic too. It sounds clear enough and loud enough but it picks up all background noise quite a bit. The 570's are pretty good, a little weak on the bass but alright.

What about going digital or an amp?
 
My mic cost a wopping $14 and sounds fine. You should just get the settings and placement of it right.
 
Project_2501 said:
My mic cost a wopping $14 and sounds fine. You should just get the settings and placement of it right.

Placement is right / fine . Settings are fine. Still picks up my computer in the background and I'm fairly sure no desktop mic will be as good as a headset mic at capturing only my voice . Cause they are that much closer, etc.

Maybe theres a good mic that can attach to headphones somewhere or something. Or sennheiser headset or gahhhh I don't know. Digital options? Amps? Headphone amps aren't only for power amplification are they? They do other things right? Cause I already get enough boost to my headphones from plugging it into the headphone jack on my Klipsch 5.1 Promedia ultra's and setting it to headphone and cranking the volume.
 
I don't know a whole lot about this "digital" stuff you are talking about and don't personally own a headphone amp (I just use my 80s model Realistic Receiver's headphone output) but they can improve the sound of the headphones. I get way better sound out of my receiver than I do from plugging into my SB Audigy 2NX directly.

Have you looked around for a clip on microphone? Maybe something that clips on your shirt would be a good option. Just a thought. I wouldn't go for a headset personally.

That's all i'll say though. I hope you find something that suits your needs.
 
vamp said:
I got this mic for $8 : http://www.xoxide.com/zmmic1.html

Clips right onto the cord, although it doesn't work well with thinner cords. A little tape or whatever added to thicken the cord does the trick though.

I've seen those type of mics I was just worried that with it not being right by my mouth it would pic up alot of background noise like my noisy comp to much just like a desktop mic.
 
vamp said:
I got this mic for $8 : http://www.xoxide.com/zmmic1.html

Clips right onto the cord, although it doesn't work well with thinner cords. A little tape or whatever added to thicken the cord does the trick though.

Is that a good mic? This question comes up often enough that I might want to have some specific product reccommendations in the FAQ. Is it clear sounding? Is the clip sturdy, secure, and easy to adjust?
 
Maybe this one? It takes a battery and looks directional. Those can't be a bad sign.
ELECTRET LAPEL MICROPHONE
Part Number 240-520
Part Number 240-520


Price: $18.90 EA (1-2)
Quantity Price: $16.90 EA (3+)
Quantity:
In Stock? Yes
Weight: 0.44 lbs.
Catalog Page: 258 (PDF)

Small electret condenser microphone with a detachable tie clasp. Compact size offers peak performance in an inconspicuous microphone. Weighs only 1.2 oz. Includes a thin 15 ft. cord. Frequency response: 40-16,000 Hz. Impedance: 600 ohm. Sensitivity: -65 dB +/- 3 dB. Connector: 1/4" phone plug. Requires one "AA" battery, sold separately.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=240-520
 
GodsMadClown said:
Is that a good mic? This question comes up often enough that I might want to have some specific product reccommendations in the FAQ. Is it clear sounding? Is the clip sturdy, secure, and easy to adjust?

It's been very clear in Ventrilo/Source mods. However I do use a AV710 card, which has extra boosted mic options and very good quality input imo. I had doubts about whether or not it would pick up my voice, being positioned under the mouth, but it's been great.
 
Back
Top