Sending faxes to network printer

PopeKevinI

2[H]4U
Okay, I've checked with HP and they don't do anything like this. My Google searches don't turn up anything specific. So, I'm back with another question :)

I'm trying to weed out unnecessary consumable expenses by getting rid of some inkjet printers and faxes. I'm hoping to put a lightweight laser printer (HP LJ 1150) on an external print server (LinkSys EFPS42) in one office, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a solution for recieving faxes and sending them to a network printer.

I don't want to use a PC, as this will be in an employee's office and I want something that can't be easily shut down and/or messed up by an overly curious/clumsy person.

Does anyone know of any hardware solutions that would do this? Or an alternative print server which would carry the function?

Why not use a multifunction printer/scanner/copier/faxer printer instead of the laserjet 1150? Tons of models exist.

- Qualm

Well, a multifunction laser costs a LOT more than something like the 1150. I've yet to find a good lightweight multifunction. They seem to think that if you want a laser that can copy, you want a $1,000+ printer. The 1150 is $250 after rebate. No competition there.

just get some fax software and use a facsmile modem, then setup the printer on that computer (The network one), then tell it print the faxes. most fax software will either print out the faxes or generate a PDF file that you can view with pdf viewers

Back