Sending a Xbox One to my fiance in Europe so we can play together. Need help setting up.

zamardii12

2[H]4U
I have a couple things I know I need to do before I send it over which I will list, but the biggest concern I have is voltage. The Xbox One S now has a built-in power supply, and from the few Google Images searches i've done of the back of it (not at home to look at mine) it says it's compatible with 100-240 volt so I am assuming all I need to do for her is make sure I send her a American to Europe adapter for the end and that should be enough right? I don't need any fancy voltage converter.

doriuj1406531729831.jpg

When she gets it she will be plugging the console directly into a router so I don't need to bother with wireless, and this way it's easier for her to do since she doesn't understand much about this stuff. I want the experience as plug and play as possible.

Things I need to do:

• Create Microsoft account for her
  • Do initial Xbox setup and updates
  • Buy and add Xbox Live Gold to the console
  • Buy and download games
  • Add myself and my friends to her Friends list
  • Include long network cable (Cat 5)
  • Include power plug adapter end
  • Include extra batteries for controller
Anything else I am missing?

Also, if anyone has any guides or tutorials on using the console she can look at before she gets it like how to do game invites, party chat, and all that stuff.

Really appreciate it!

Yup, that sounds like all you need. The power adapters have gotten tiny, but they still work fine. Worst case, they're readily available here and there if the one you get is defective. Some are kind of cheap-o.

I recently sold my Xbox One to friend who hadn't played video games since the NES-era and he figured most of it out right away. The only thing that threw him off was the fact that there are 2 HDMI ports. Definitely make sure she knows to use the one on the left (it says "out to TV"). Beyond that, the screen prompts are pretty good for the rest.

Yup, that sounds like all you need. The power adapters have gotten tiny, but they still work fine. Worst case, they're readily available here and there if the one you get is defective. Some are kind of cheap-o.

I recently sold my Xbox One to friend who hadn't played video games since the NES-era and he figured most of it out right away. The only thing that threw him off was the fact that there are 2 HDMI ports. Definitely make sure she knows to use the one on the left (it says "out to TV"). Beyond that, the screen prompts are pretty good for the rest.

Appreciate it!

Back