• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Send a message via email to *******

Status
Not open for further replies.

xphantg0d

Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
633
In all the profiles there is a link to send the user e-mail but when clicked most people have the message
Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.
Which means they dont want to get e-mail. Why is the link always present if it isnt always used. The other links like homepage only appear if they are used shouldnt it be the same for e-mail?
 
I would think that so people wouldn't bother the user.

A guy might want to email another user and when he sees that there is no email link there, he will either go bothering the user for an email address even though he does not want anyone emailing him or he might go bothering an admin. This actually might result in a bannage if this guy is a real pain in the ass about it.
 
But what about instant messages. The instant message link only shows up if the user has allowed people to use it. I think it should be the same for e-mail. If I want to e-mail someone i dont want to click on a link and see that i cant. I should be able to see that before I click on it.
 
xphantg0d said:
In all the profiles there is a link to send the user e-mail but when clicked most people have the message Which means they dont want to get e-mail. Why is the link always present if it isnt always used. The other links like homepage only appear if they are used shouldnt it be the same for e-mail?


#1 I dont want mail from anyone on here.
#2 If I did, I would send them my addy
#3 profit....
 
corrosive23 said:
#1 I dont want mail from anyone on here.
#2 If I did, I would send them my addy
#3 profit....
I dont think you see my point. I am saying the link for e-mail shouldnt be their if you dont want people to e-mail you.
 
ufokillerz said:
some people actually use allowing members to email function...
and the OP is saying that those people should have the email link active; whereas, those who don't want to receive email just shouldn't have that link available at all...
 
ufokillerz said:
some people actually use allowing members to email function...
That's not the point, though. I like the email link, but I don't have one configured in (spam bots). However, if I don't have an email configured, what's the point of a dead link there? It's pretty silly. :D
 
lorcani said:
That's not the point, though. I like the email link, but I don't have one configured in (spam bots). However, if I don't have an email configured, what's the point of a dead link there? It's pretty silly. :D

Because that is how vBulletin is set up. I'll shoot a link to this thread to our resident vBull wiz, but don't hold your breath.
 
For some reason or another, that's the way they've done it in vBulletin. I've changed it so that the email link in a user's profile will only appear if they're accepting emails.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top