• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sempron 64 2800+ 50% overclock!

nauht

n00b
2FA
Joined
Jun 14, 2005
Messages
15
I'm still in the middle of pushing this CPU to as far as it goes but I can't help it, I want to brag now! :) I just bought a Sempron 64 2800+ (1.6ghz) and sofar I've went past 2.4ghz... that's a 50% overclock! And here's the real kicker: on *stock* voltage and *stock* HSF! Here are a pic so far:

2400oc.JPG


Here is my Sempron CPU info:

SDA2800AI03BX
LBBWE 0533CPBW

I'm running this on an Asus K8N (non deluxe) with some 256mbx2 of RAM with Samsung TCCC chips. I haven't begun raising my memory divider yet as I'm still seeing how far I can push this CPU.
 
OKay I guess I haven't been keeping up with the reviews but it looks like these chips are able to do these speeds fine. Guess I'm not the only one getting these speeds. :p
 
I had one way back in December that did about 2.2-2.25 on the stock cooler on a VERY limited motherboard.
 
I haven't done any 3d benchmarking yet but right now I only have a lousy Radeon 9250 on this system :( Which 3d bench programs are you interested in? 3dMark05?

ScHpAnKy said:
what does it 3d bench? (sandra, etc are useless)
 
I just ordered a DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250GB board to abuse some Semprons we have at work. :D


xbitlabs pushed a 3100+ to almost 2.7Ghz link The gaming scores are unreal, it beat a 4000+ in some cases
 
that is insane!

how are you testing stability? prime95 for 24hrs or just boot into windows?

 
Holy crap! I can't believe I'm still running at 2.4 (No headroom!) on my A64!

I'm going to go exchange this thing for a Semp! That's a damn fine overclock!
 
nice o/c. reminds me of my "little duron 600 that could" that has been running at 1100 for going on 5 years
 
by the way, you should run the small FFT's torture test rather than blend to test cpu stability. blend spends a hell of a lot of time in the memory, which doesnt prove jack. Not knockin your oc here, I think its great, just be sure to use the small fft test 12+ hours to ensure the cpu is REALLY stable ;)
 
Back
Top