• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

semperon O/C'in

Joined
Dec 13, 2002
Messages
1,003
Hi I've got a buddy who's got some real budget constraints, I was wondering how the lowend semprons O/C?

I've got an opty 165 which started life as a lowly 1.8ghz chip that runs 2.66, so I know some can get up there regardless of where they start life.
 
Read what people are posting in the reviews of semprons on newegg, that should give you a pretty good idea.
 
Semprons are insane overclockers. My s754 Sempron 2800+ that started at 1.6GHz is always running at 2.3GHz now on STOCK VOLTS! It would go much higher, but I have no way to change the volts on my board :(
 
yeah, the 754 semprons are doing some great overclocking and if you look around the forums here you will see the am2 semprons are doing as good if not better.

to make this clear i'll show you a little bit of what my sempron can do:

2900mhz suicide shot

2900mhzsmall.jpg


2720mhz stable

primestable2720mhzsmall.jpg


33.672 prime 95 1M run

superpi1M33.jpg
 
I built a cheap system with s754 sempron at 1.6 and got it to 2.5 stock volts and everything. Prime stable.
 
InternalStorm said:
Semprons are insane overclockers. My s754 Sempron 2800+ that started at 1.6GHz is always running at 2.3GHz now on STOCK VOLTS! It would go much higher, but I have no way to change the volts on my board :(
that's nothing. my sempron does 2.7ghz on stock volts :D

max stable is around 2.95ghz, which i haven't taken a screen of yet, and max suicide is..
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=97360

all on water.. though the max overclock at stock volts didn't change much cause the cpu isn't that warm until i crank the volts
 
Bah, I must have gotten a lemon. Only 2.33 on a 3100+ @ stock volts :/.
 
Back
Top