SemiAccurate gets some GTX480 scores

70%? let's not get into another argument about that statement.

We all know that "86.856% of .... " claimed percentages are incorrect.

he is wrong because he is giving you specifics. if the claim was fermi is having troubles, then maybe you can make that deduction based on the situation (which is what you are stating). But late releases and failed release dates does not =

"70C and 70% fan speed"
"5% faster than 5870"

So now you are apart of the 30% of people who think charlie is wrong, and now you think he isnt right 70% of the time.

Ok gotcha you dont trust his info and trust everything Nvidia says.

P.S. Both of you are wrong

lol wtf?

where did i state i even believe what nvidia says?

I'm arguing the truth about Charlie's claims, not how true nvidia's claims are (or even what they are claiming).

and i hope you realize my statement,

we all know that "86.856% of .... " claimed percentages are incorrect.

was to mock those who would even bring that into the conversation since i doubt you are even capable of numerically breaking down the percentage of how true Charlie's claims have been (in regards to fermi or of anything else).

That statement has as much accuracy as me stating, "Rush Limbaugh's claims are only 23.5% true"

Maybe nVidia will release 480 scores tomorrow?
Maybe [H]ard already has samples and will be free to post previews?
Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot?

Just a little more than 10 hours to go.

I think Kyle said he was under no embargo's whatsoever. So if he did have anything.. I think he would have posted.

I think Kyle said he was under no embargo's whatsoever. So if he did have anything.. I think he would have posted.

Dang... way to steal my thunder :p

If Kyle said he was not under an embargo, then tomorrow is going to suck. I want answers! I want scores!

Can't wait for these cards to hurry up and get release even though I'll probably wait until better revisions are out along with water blocks before purchasing.

Looks like I need to buy one of those Fermi-approved cases then...

Hope it has a mobo-tray and good cable management. This Antec 900 seemed lack luster ever since I saw the inside of some of those sexy CM cases.

Not that I have a dog in this fight, since I'm not a gamer much less a hardcore gamer.

I read the article to see what this was all about.

I'll trust Charlie's article about as much as xman_whatever said:

Absolutely not at all.

Not that I should be judgmental, but do people really believe anything that's released before 3rd parties get their hands on them and wring them out? I guess I've read far too many academic journal articles (Ph.D in EE) to trust anyone's statements on numbers, and usually mechanisms too. Hell, I don't trust my own papers since my data has been hitherto very difficult to reproduce.

Skepticism is a healthy trait, folks.

Even though I do not trust Charlie 100%. His info is alot more realiable then yours.

At least he posts numbers....true or not? no way to tell.

All you do is say he wrong, keep saying he is wrong, and where are your numbers? (still waiting)

This is why people believe him over you....

God.. why is it always either or? I never asked you to believe me.. I know what I know and there's no way I can prove it to you. I simply said to be more critical of people like Charlie. The fact that you'd just blindly trust him.. hell even the fact that you use the words "trust" and "Charlie" in the same sentence is mind boggling. Remember what he said about GT200 not being faster than RV770? Remember how he said G80 was going to be horrible and slow, and R600 would dominate it? Look at his track record.. geez guys.

If I do know things do you really think I can sit here and give you specifics? Obviously I would be NDA'd.

The information isn't that difficult to find. If you can read Charlie's bullshit you can read an article on tessellation and it'll be a far more beneficial use of your time. Tessellation as defined by Microsoft is shader heavy - it's not some disadvantage or shortcoming unique to Fermi. This all started when people were claiming Fermi would be doing "software" tessellation, whatever the hell that means.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee417841(VS.85).aspx

I doesn't seem that Charlie says that this is a shortcoming unique to Fermi, but that the "advantage" is just for benchmarking. I've read the link above before, since I find tessellation to be a feature I want much in games. Unlike a benchmarks (testing specific features like a selection heavy on tessellation ;) ), games where you usually require GPU power, they are shader intensive on several areas. Fermi's "tessellation advantage" might not be more then a benchmark advantage if Charlie is correct. Meaning, the advantage is only there if the shaders are free. In real world gaming, there will be no advantage to speak of.

^ hope the above didn't come off too harsh as it wasn't directed at you. I'm just amazed at how easily misinformation spreads when the facts are out there plain to see.

Why should I be offended of this? I like correct information and don't care about the PR issues of the information. Tessellation is a major selling point for me and I am not stuck to one vendor. Whomever that performs well with the features I want is the vendor I choose to buy my GFX card from. I've had more Nvidia cards then ATI, but thats just a coincidence.

I'm still not convinced that Charlie is wrong about Nvidia's tessellation advantage being only a benchmark feature.

Edit: And if you remember, Nvidia only selected a certain part of Heaven demo to show its "advantage". It reminds me much of ATI's 2900 before and after launch. Benchmark queen faster then the 8800, but in games it didn't perform that well.

Last edited:
God.. why is it always either or? I never asked you to believe me.. I know what I know and there's no way I can prove it to you. I simply said to be more critical of people like Charlie. The fact that you'd just blindly trust him.. hell even the fact that you use the words "trust" and "Charlie" in the same sentence is mind boggling. Remember what he said about GT200 not being faster than RV770? Remember how he said G80 was going to be horrible and slow, and R600 would dominate it? Look at his track record.. geez guys.

If I do know things do you really think I can sit here and give you specifics? Obviously I would be NDA'd.

I don't belive him 70% of the time.

But I trust him more then you coming here thinking you know what is what with no proof. You are just some forum dood no one even knows.

At Least people know Charlie. Be it he is wrong 70% of the time. I believe him more then I would believe you.

But I think you are both wrong

I don't belive him 70% of the time.

But I trust him more then you coming here thinking you know what is what with no proof. You are just some forum dood no one even knows.

At Least people know Charlie. Be it he is wrong 70% of the time. I believe him more then I would believe you.

But I think you are both wrong

This is funny. Oh well.. if you knew who I was and what I know you'd be laughing at yourself ;)

I've tried to set the record straight by taking people's attention off of Charlie because I promise you his information is totally wrong.. you're wasting your time, I promise you.

If you knew who I was and what I know you'd be laughing at yourself ;)

If you know what I know about your Family and Mom. You would be laughing at yourself :)

See isnt it easy to bullshit on the internet in some forum? lol

This is funny. Oh well.. if you knew who I was and what I know you'd be laughing at yourself ;)

I've tried to set the record straight by taking people's attention off of Charlie because I promise you his information is totally wrong.. you're wasting your time, I promise you.

The guy at K-mart who provides the 'Blue' light special? You storm that button on and off so fast as to make the light flash :D?

A weatherman? Aka the Blue Storm from channel 5. Dual-doppler wheather accuracy with only an abacus, the slider rule and a barometer?

I wish you'd spend more time on perfecting drivers than posting on 'net forums...

(assuming I realize who you are...)

If you know what I know about your Family and Mom. You would be laughing at yourself :)

See isnt it easy to bullshit on the internet in some forum? lol

Sure.. again that's why I'm not going head over heels to prove anything to anyone. I'm happy to have you not believe me, because I understand how many people pretend to be in the know.. like Charlie.

All I've said.. AGAIN... is that you should *not* believe Charlie the same way you don't believe me. I can buy a domain and start my own blog too. Sensationalism (not facts) sells.

Sure.. again that's why I'm not going head over heels to prove anything to anyone. I'm happy to have you not believe me, because I understand how many people pretend to be in the know.. like Charlie.

All I've said.. AGAIN... is that you should *not* believe Charlie the same way you don't believe me. I can buy a domain and start my own blog too. Sensationalism (not facts) sells.

I accually dont believe Charlie.. If you look at all my posts I have said I dont think its true.

But I would believe charlie before I believe some random dood in a forum who thinks he knows whats up.

Bullshit will get you nothing but smelly stinky Fud. Which is what you and Charlie are both reaking of.

I wish you'd spend more time on perfecting drivers than posting on 'net forums...

(assuming I realize who you are...)

Eh? What exactly is that supposed to mean? Now I am responsible for writing drivers?

Not to mention if I were, heaven forbid someone had some time off on their Sunday :p

Last edited:
The fact that nVidia is deploying their defense team in forums makes me think that Charlie is not far off from what he said.

yeah we are the defence team...we are employed to convince kids on a forum to believe that our niche high-end product is heaps better than yours....yep you got our number.

I'll wait until someone with an ounce of respect get there hands on it. I'll await benchmark results from sources I trust such as anandtech or Hard|OCP. Until then, I'm not believing anything that article says.

I'll wait until someone with an ounce of respect get there hands on it. I'll await benchmark results from sources I trust such as anandtech or Hard|OCP. Until then, I'm not believing anything that article says.

Exactly.

Only thing im worried about is Anandtech and Hardocp not getting preview samples :/

We can only hope for an honest review

Lol if what he says is true then it will suck for all of us. Prices won't drop as much, nVidia cards will still be expensive and there wont be much performance increase I was hoping. If this is true though.

Lol if what he says is true then it will suck for all of us. Prices won't drop as much, nVidia cards will still be expensive and there wont be much performance increase I was hoping. If this is true though.

I mean if he is right, It is still 5% faster then a 5870. It all depends on the price.

Also ATI is releasing 3 new cards this month as well, and COULD take back the performance crown.

Looks like the next 30 days will be interesting :)

P.S. WTB 2gig 5870 with 6 display ports!!

If we are seeing such a controversy on an unreleased card, performing this badly, I cant wait to see the insanely high prices I can pay.
Cheers,
Earl

Exactly.

Only thing im worried about is Anandtech and Hardocp not getting preview samples :/

We can only hope for an honest review

I hope that doesn't happen either but I doubt it will. Nvidia took way to long with the tech so I would think that they will want to get the card into as many hands as possible for preview/review feedback. Charlie reminds me of another guy. That guy being Perez Hilton. My GF loves his blog & I hear the stories that he puts up. I told her that one day, that guy is going to get the holy hell beat out of him for posting all the BS he does about other people. Long & behold, it would end up happening :D. I only sense that the same fate lies in wait for Charlie if he keeps on ripping at Nvidia the way he does. Maybe an Nvidia PR guy will land a clean left hook on him one day HA.

I have if you had bothered to read anything I have posted. I'll take the time to shorten it up for you a bit.

GTX470 will launch as schedueled, GTX480 is going to be a PE part sadly. GTX 480 is faster than 5870 by way more than 5% faster. Clock for GTX 470 should be 400-450(This very well may have changed as it has been abut a month since I've heard from my source. He went on vaction/honeymoon and wont be back til around launch week) core with 1250-1300 shader while GTX480 will be 625-650 core and 1400-1500 shader. GTX480 will only ship in volume by mid to late summer based on whether or not B1 works or if a B2 is needed. GTX470 should be right around 5870 speed wise.

There, everything I have posted before in these forums over the last 3 weeks concerning Fermi even before his stupid fucking Fermi a broken unmakeable GPU editorial BS posting on his site.

You realize xman you just sold your source down the river. It shouldn't be too hard for nvidia to put 2 and 2 together and find the guy that went on vacation/honeymoon and fire him. GG.

Wow I hope you're joking.. *WHO* said any of those dates? NVIDIA has never quoted a date, which is why you don't know when it's coming out.

On the other side, people like the Charlie in discussion have constantly quoted dates all along the way. So you should do a better job of taking into consideration where you heard things.

This is exactly the problem. Even if nVIDIA never have set an official launch date. They were open with September-October being the planned original launch. That nVIDIA pr-people have given the impression that the cards will be here within the next months has heppened reoccurringly..

People that have been waiting eagerly for Fermi, will have noted this by now.

It's just rational to look for other sources that seem to give better information.

BTW: I edited away the word "lying". Point taken as said before.. I would not like to make this discussion about semantics. What we have been seeing is misinformation and spin through semiofficial channels. The effects are anyway similar.

GTX470 will launch as schedueled, GTX480 is going to be a PE part sadly. GTX 480 is faster than 5870 by way more than 5% faster. Clock for GTX 470 should be 400-450(This very well may have changed as it has been abut a month since I've heard from my source. He went on vaction/honeymoon and wont be back til around launch week) core with 1250-1300 shader while GTX480 will be 625-650 core and 1400-1500 shader. GTX480 will only ship in volume by mid to late summer based on whether or not B1 works or if a B2 is needed. GTX470 should be right around 5870 speed wise.

You understand that you may make this source quite a bad favor by using his info to gain credibility on different forums? Either you're spreading officially adjusted leaks or he might not have a job to get back to after honeymoon.

Kyle has told us he does not have a card yet. Or rather, that he is not obliged by any NDA that would come with such a card :)

Edit, already been posted...

I'm still not convinced that Charlie is wrong about Nvidia's tessellation advantage being only a benchmark feature.

That's your perogative. But if you understand how tessellation works and then you read his comments you will see why he's full of it. Or let me put it this way, what did he say that convinces you that it is a benchmark only feature now that you know how tessellation works?

The fact that nVidia is deploying their defense team in forums makes me think that Charlie is not far off from what he said.

It's about time considering AMD deployed their attack team months ago with CD in the vanguard :D

Back