• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Semi-Fast 19" 8bit LCD?

Jpitzo

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 31, 2002
Messages
453
So, I'm in the market for a 19" LCD. I'm not too much of a gamer but I do watch a lot of movies and such so I would like the refresh rate to be moderately low ( < 20ms ). However, accurate color reproduction is essential ( 8bit panel ). Is there any happy medium between the two?
 
ouch anything in a more moderate price range....or a site that will tell me if a panel is 8bit or not
 
In general, all you have to do is look at a monitor's specs.

16.7 MIllion colors = 8bit
16.2 Million Colors = 256k colors with dithering = 6bit

Most Dell flat panels above 17" are 8 bit, but might have higher response times than you might be looking for. I personally use an 8bit 25ms LCD and am not bothered by the ghosting much, although I do notice in FPS games. Once you get used to an LCD, you don't really notice.

For movies, however, you really shouldn't need anything below 16ms...but that is a matter of taste.

EDIT: some options:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824176047
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824021034
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824021019
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824179018
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824168005
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824179014
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001069
 
Back
Top