Selling my extra xp home copy

gnm45

n00b
I'm not sure what I need to do. I upgraded to xp pro awhile ago and I do not use my xp home anymore. So I'm selling it to someone in my gaming clan for cheap since he has Win98se. Poor guy. Anyway do I need to do anything like tell MS to remove my registration for the cd-key that I'm selling?

Thanks.

If it's retail, the other guy can tell MS "I bought this from so-and-so" if he has to do the phone activation. Don't know if you're able to un-register (I would guess not).

If it's OEM, you can't legally resell it without selling the entire computer.

Just a quick check - when you upgraded did you get an 'upgrade' edition or a full one?

yea, if you got the upgrade then selling the old = Not legal

Also if the old copy is an oem copy that came with your computer then the license is NOT transferable. you can give them the whole computer its on but not just the license

IF it is a full version (not OEM or upgrade) and you do nto have it still installed on yr machine (or used that install to upgrade to a different one)

then ther is no problem in selling it. MS have already got the money for that particular print.

This is how the 2nd hand market works. well it does here in the UK dunno abt other places.

Its an oem full version that did not come with the computer. I purchased it seperately from an online vender, newegg if I'm not mistaken. It hasnt been used since February and its still on a hard drive, but its just collecting dust. I registered it when I first got over a year ago.

Back