sell or keep KD5

About a month ago, I took possession of a KD5 from goldshell. When I first plugged it it, I was getting 45 KDA per day. Now that is is down to about 22. Of course the price of KDA has shot up and as such, so has the street price of a KD5. I see them going for $35,000 on ebay. I seriously wonder if I should just take it...that would be better than a 2x return.

Anyone have any sage advice?

You are doubling your investment and are able to keep the coin the mined, winning all around.

My vote is that you sell now while the markets are high.

I wouldn't feel bad about selling it if you can get anywhere near $35k for it. I think you could end up making more in the long run by mining, but we're already a year into a bullrun and who knows what will happen in the short term. Kadena could go to $100 or back to 30 cents. Additionally, there's relatively few miners for that algorithm so maybe things will heat up and much more efficient miners will come out and tank profitability of yours. This sort of happened with DOGE after it became popular, but high prices have still kept older miners profitable for now.

I wouldn't feel bad about selling it if you can get anywhere near $35k for it. I think you could end up making more in the long run by mining, but we're already a year into a bullrun and who knows what will happen in the short term. Kadena could go to $100 or back to 30 cents. Additionally, there's relatively few miners for that algorithm so maybe things will heat up and much more efficient miners will come out and tank profitability of yours. This sort of happened with DOGE after it became popular, but high prices have still kept older miners profitable for now.
decisions decisions....

So far I've mined just about 1300kda. However, I sold 900 right before it shot up when it was just hovering around $2.60-2.70. Hindsight is 20/20. If I sold right now, that would leave me with 400. Maybe someday it will be worth $1000 per KDA...one could dream.

I bought the thing for $15,000......so my return would be pretty quick on the thing.

Then there is the what do I do with the thing next year when it gets hot again. That thing already keeps my garage 90 when it is cold outside.

Sell it. If ya can win big off an asic you should take it. That can be a rarity with them.

Buy 35k in eth

Back