I want to finally learn a real programming language. I learned HTML in my HS Web Design class last year, but it was pretty basic i believe and i already forgot most of it. We just used Adobe Dreamweaver anyways after learning basic HTML tags and code with notepad at first. HTML wont really be relevant in the field of IT i want to work in, and either way, i cant survive off of just knowing HTML. So, time for Java. After i am proficient in Java, i want to move onto C, or C++, or C#... still not totally sure of the differences
.
Anyways, since i have no knowledge at all of Java... or any programming language really, where can i start to self teach Java to the best and farthest extent i can? Are there any online sites or video series' on YouTube i can watch to actually learn and understand Java? I can get books too, but i dont want to spend much money right now, partly because i dont have much money right now (im just a HS senior with no job
) and i want to see if i can completely learn my first real programming language for free!
So yeah, where can i start? I need... er, i guess want something easy to understand, not just walls upon walls of Death Valley dry material and text... like in those stereotypical huge college textbooks with nothing but small Times New Roman font text for hundreds of pages. Where can i find some stuff like this? I would rather prefer a video series since i better learn by seeing someone do what they are teaching and explain. Im a mix of a Visual, audio, and hands on learner... im weird like that.
Sorry for this huge post, but i really need help and some points in the right direction. All i can find online are boring and bland webpages that dont really make much sense and expect you to already have some knowledge of Java and sometimes other languages... Im nearly at rock bottom as far as coding goes right now.
I hope to by the end of the week be able to create something tiny like this below, just so i can be like "Holy sh*t i made something and it actually works! I can actually code and will hack the Presidential mainframe computer!" But really, i just want that little self pat on the back.It would be so awesome to actually code and make anything myself, and actually understand what the hell i did. Something like this:
P.S. I have only a Windows based pc, and i dont really want to use Linux.
Anyways, since i have no knowledge at all of Java... or any programming language really, where can i start to self teach Java to the best and farthest extent i can? Are there any online sites or video series' on YouTube i can watch to actually learn and understand Java? I can get books too, but i dont want to spend much money right now, partly because i dont have much money right now (im just a HS senior with no job
So yeah, where can i start? I need... er, i guess want something easy to understand, not just walls upon walls of Death Valley dry material and text... like in those stereotypical huge college textbooks with nothing but small Times New Roman font text for hundreds of pages. Where can i find some stuff like this? I would rather prefer a video series since i better learn by seeing someone do what they are teaching and explain. Im a mix of a Visual, audio, and hands on learner... im weird like that.
Sorry for this huge post, but i really need help and some points in the right direction. All i can find online are boring and bland webpages that dont really make much sense and expect you to already have some knowledge of Java and sometimes other languages... Im nearly at rock bottom as far as coding goes right now.
I hope to by the end of the week be able to create something tiny like this below, just so i can be like "Holy sh*t i made something and it actually works! I can actually code and will hack the Presidential mainframe computer!" But really, i just want that little self pat on the back.It would be so awesome to actually code and make anything myself, and actually understand what the hell i did. Something like this:
P.S. I have only a Windows based pc, and i dont really want to use Linux.