Sekisui 5760 Thermal Tape (8" x 1" x 12) - $3 @ eBay

XacTactX

Supreme [H]ardness
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How long can this stuff sit around? I'm just curious because I'm thinking about picking some up but have no need for so much.

How long can this stuff sit around? I'm just curious because I'm thinking about picking some up but have no need for so much.

I dropped Sekisui USA an email asking this exact question, and also how to prolong the shelf life. I'll post that information once I get a response.

Man this stuff i awesome :) Bought some last year and went to all my friends/family members houses who had anything held on with thermal adhesive or thermal tape and replaced all of it with my leftover sekisui and this stuff holds on for dear life.

I was about to suggest this. Give some to your friends and family and replace some for them. Then the quantity will become more manageable.

Also, I swear everything Japanese kicks major ass. Honda, Sapporo, Sekisui, sushi, the list goes goes on...

Last edited:
Man this stuff i awesome :) Bought some last year and went to all my friends/family members houses who had anything held on with thermal adhesive or thermal tape and replaced all of it with my leftover sekisui and this stuff holds on for dear life.

Everyone must be thinking "What's with XacTactX and his thermal crap deals lately?". IDK I'm just getting into the whole aftermarket cooling scene and like to pass a good deal along. I'm kicking myself for only getting four strips for $2. This is a much better deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEKISUI-5760-Db...069?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0c094efd

Are you the guy in the E2000 firmware thread over at DD-WRT who did the thermal tape replacement with this exact stuff on his router?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you the guy in the E2000 firmware thread over at DD-WRT who did the thermal tape replacement with this exact stuff on his router?

Nope, not me. I haven't used it yet, just got it in the mail yesterday, and I've read good things about Sekisui browsing other forums.

Good deal (this tape has worked well for me, IIRC)- great for aftermarket video-card (or other) cooling or just experimentation.
Thanks OP.

in for one...

I'm guessing this is similar to the thermal pads that are normally placed on the memory chips in vid cards but just higher quality?

I used to work across the street from a Sekisui tape plant. Wish I'd known that they made thermal tape.

in for one...

I'm guessing this is similar to the thermal pads that are normally placed on the memory chips in vid cards but just higher quality?

I believe they're different. This is meant to be strong enough be bond the memory, MOSFET, or whatever to the ramsink through adhesive strength alone. I think thermal pads stay put by being compressed between the heatsink and memory, and as such don't have anywhere near as much adhesive strength if any. Also, tape is really thin, not thick enough to be sandwiched, while pads are 1-2mm thick, so they can be compressed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Received delivery but can't figure out how to install lol. I bought the double sided tape and it arrived with strips stuck onto non-stick sheet. The strips adhere to the sheet by their sticky side but the other side exposed to me is not sticky. I've taken a razor to it trying to find a protective film to separate at the corners.. but there's nothing to separate.. wtf am I doing wrong? How do I expose the double sided sticky?

I bought some, I'm always needing something like this for an odd heat sink on something.

This stuff + old school P3 heatsink + dremel = sinks on every vreg and mos on a mobo :D

I forgot exactly which model # of tape I got, but ive had the same sheet of Sekisui tape for about 2 years now and I just used some more to stick some ramsinks onto my girlfriends router.

They still work amazingly, but I did have some trouble getting them to stick properly every time I tried. I usually apply the tape to the ramsink first, then clean the surface with a white eraser and heat up both the heatsink/tape and whatever im sticking it onto and press it down fairly hard. That seems to do the trick as at room temperature the ransinks would fall off really easily.

Has anyone experimented to see how low they'll accept with the make an offer option?

Has anyone experimented to see how low they'll accept with the make an offer option?

I messaged the seller and asked him if I could have a discount for making a thread and endorsing his item. I even gave him a screenshot of my web page with me logged in and the topic, and he had sold ~18 since I had made the thread. No reply.

You should try it, worst is a rejected offer :).

I messaged the seller and asked him if I could have a discount for making a thread and endorsing his item. I even gave him a screenshot of my web page with me logged in and the topic, and he had sold ~18 since I had made the thread. No reply.

You should try it, worst is a rejected offer :).

seriously guys, Its $2.49....and .75 for shipping.......look under your couch for crying out loud.....

I ordered a couple. Always seem to have a chip that needs an extra heatsink, but never have the tape.

seriously guys, Its $2.49....and .75 for shipping.......look under your couch for crying out loud.....

My posting of this topic at this forum is directly responsible for at least two dozen sets of this thermal tape being sold. I do not think it's too much to ask that I be given a discount for being a loyal customer, other companies do it all the time.

EDIT: But it does raise the question, who's more stingy, the seller or the buyer :p.

What temperatures is this good for (is it 45°C, mentioned in the auction details)? I was wondering if this would be good for the heatsink on my onboard GF9300 in my HTPC, the mount for the heatsink is pretty crappy and moves a lot.

EDIT: But it does raise the question, who's more stingy, the seller or the buyer :p.
I'd say the buyer. I don't think there really is a margin to go much lower on this item if you think about it.

My posting of this topic at this forum is directly responsible for at least two dozen sets of this thermal tape being sold. I do not think it's too much to ask that I be given a discount for being a loyal customer, other companies do it all the time.

He's not making much on this. Believe me... I sell this tape too...

Wow I am dumb, I didn't read the description and saw a picture of a roll of tape. Got my envelop today and I was like "wtf? I didn't order labels." Then I read the description it was pretty clear haha. :p

For something that's even money on sitting in my junk box unused until it goes bad trying to cheap out as much as possible is IMO fully reasonable. OTOH it's also appears mostly futile. BIN @ $1.50 was rejected, @ $2.00 was ignored.

Just got it, it isn't quite what I expected of thermal tape. It looks like regular tape, very thin, and when I got it I wasn't sure if it was double sided, the paper had a hard time coming off, but I think it is. I don't know but the thermal qualities seem...questionable.

Just got it, it isn't quite what I expected of thermal tape. It looks like regular tape, very thin, and when I got it I wasn't sure if it was double sided, the paper had a hard time coming off, but I think it is. I don't know but the thermal qualities seem...questionable.

its fine, this is almost the same as what comes on the bottom of ramsinks you purchase from mod shops. Been using it for a long time.

How does this tape compare to 3m thermal tape, thinking of replacing the 3m thermal tape with this stuff

Back