Seiki 39" 4k TV/Monitor - $329

hiptoss

Weaksauce
This is a worthwhile monitor if you're looking for tons of resolution and aren't interested in gaming. I use it at work every day and love it. There is a limit of 30 hertz refresh due to the HDMI implementation, I think, which is why I recommend against using it for gaming.

Anyway, a nice deal on a solid monitor if you're looking for tons of real estate.

http://www.amazon.com/Seiki-SE39UY04-39-Inch-Ultra-120Hz/dp/B00DOPGO2G

The 50" 4k is also on sale for a borderline crazy price of $429, with the same limitations.

EDIT: This is apparently the cheapest price ever on the 50 inch, according to camelcamelcamel. http://camelcamelcamel.com/Seiki-SE50UY04-50-Inch-120Hz-HDTV/product/B00BXF7I9M

EDIT2: I should have clarified that the 30hz refresh only applies to the 4k resolution; the refresh for 1080p is 120Hz.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
it was $299 on Walmart.com last week (which I bought with a pricematch @ Amazon)

Wonder how viable the 50 inch at 1080p is for gaming...

Basically the same as the 39", which I own. I love it, it does 1080p@120Hz or 1440p@60Hz if that's your style. I use it almost exclusively for gaming.

I think I'm going to pick up another one of these. Anyone have a recommendation for a GPU to push two of these?

I've yet to see the 3gb on my 780ti become troublesome @1440p I had a 290X beforehand and it gamed great also (for the 2 weeks it worked before quadruple RMA hell). @white_devil I think you would be fine with either a 290(x) or 780(ti) either card should play nice with this monitor.

Thanks. I should mention, I'm buying these for work, not gaming, so I'll be running them at 4k. Those cards still good for it?

Anyone know what the pricing will be on their HDMI 2.0/displayport replacements? Heard they are supposed to be shipping this year, and if its a similar price we could get 4K at 60hz.

I would expect them to be x2 to x3 as much as these right now at launch. Since they don't have the brand recognition of Sony and the quality isn't as good I'd expect to see a similar price drop eventually.

Darn, the deal on the 50 inch is dead :( I was really considering getting one.

I would expect them to be x2 to x3 as much as these right now at launch. Since they don't have the brand recognition of Sony and the quality isn't as good I'd expect to see a similar price drop eventually.

Darn, the deal on the 50 inch is dead :( I was really considering getting one.

Yeah damn it its up for $600. Got too anxious about the off brand and waited too long. I'm sure they'll be back down to that price at some point between now and Black Friday again though.

I can't wait for them to release hdmi 2.0 spec'd ones! Then I can finally get rid of my vg278h as my 2nd monitor.

Owned this TV for a short time before returning it. Its 4k alright but the picture quality is sub par at best. Dark room performance is terrible even despite it being a VA panel it has a pretty bad contrast ratio (again despite its rated value plastered on the box). Bright room performance is reasonable at best.

Input latency is more than a regular 24-27 inch TN panel running native at 120hz as well so for you more hardcore gamers its still not worth the plunge unless you simply must have a large sized screen. Also you have to flash the 39 inch version with the 50 inch firmware to get it to stop skipping frames at 1080p 120hz and you lose control over some picture quality settings as well in order to achieve the benefits of the different firmware.

The 50 inch actually is a better deal since it runs 1080p 120hz native without any firmware flashing and has the lowered 4k input latency (which the 39 inch version can achieve if it is flashed). 4K looks great though as a side note even at 30hz (which some will hate) but there is little to NO material that runs at 4K outside of Breaking Bad on Netflix (yea right , good luck getting the automated 4k streaming to work , few can) and probably about a few hundred Youtube videos. 4K Blu Ray's at this point are so far off in the distance so don't even bother thinking about that.

Know full well that this monitor is only worth while for its size and that it can do 1080p at 120hz and is a VA panel and since there is only one other VA panel on the market that can do 120hz at 1080p the only reason to get this is price/size.

Just a heads up to those interested.

Back