Sega Releases 8-Bit Bayonetta on Steam, Teases Reveal

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Sega has released a 2D version of Bayonetta on Steam featuring achievements that ultimately reveal a link to a site clearly teasing something related to the franchise. Many think this means that the first Bayonetta is being ported to the PC.

You'll notice a big timer on there counting down to April 11. Also, the image in the background is of Bayonetta's stylish gun-heels. The most likely explanation is that Sega will reveal a PC port of the original Bayonetta on April 11, but I suppose it could also be a new sequel, a collection of Bayonettas 1 and 2 (unlikely, seeing as Nintendo funded the Wii U-exclusive sequel), a giant April Fool's lie, or a match-three spin-off in the form of Bayonetta's Mean Bean Machine. I'm hoping for the latter, obviously.

Last edited:
Fun games. One of the few reasons I've turned on the Wii U other than Mario Kart...

Fun games. One of the few reasons I've turned on the Wii U other than Mario Kart...
Sadly, it's the other way for me. I have yet to play Bayonetta 2 because it's only on the WiiU, and it's the only reason I would even consider getting a WiiU (and I'm not buying one just to play one game).

Back