Sega Rally Revo demo

Yup that is the new Sega Rally Revo :).

As for gamepad vs wheel I tried some time attacks and it´s 3 lap races and I have a 1,5 second advantage on my best gamepad time vs wheel time :). So it´s nothing major but sure if it gets impossible it´s time to hook up the gamepad. If you want an extra challenge run with a wheel.

However seriously only recommend the DFP and G25 that let you shorten the wheel travel. Even though you can adjust it with dxtweak as well probably with other wheels. Its more 4-5 seconds if I run 200 lock for example.

How is the steering for the cars? That's one area I am really disappointed with in DiRT. The steering and handling for the cars is horrible, even with the Xbox360 controller.

How is the steering for the cars? That's one area I am really disappointed with in DiRT. The steering and handling for the cars is horrible, even with the Xbox360 controller.

I found the steering fine with a keyboard, but any analog controller was way too sensitive.

It's better in Revo, but it's still not the best, no where near the tight controls of the last couple of Need for speed games, for instance.

the controls are even better then the original sega rally and miles miles ahead of every colin mcrae title since the first two. It´s not to sensitive at all you just have to get used to it then it gets perfect. Stinks using keyboard. As mentioned Xbox 360 gamepad is what the controls are optimized for so use that. If you are using chase view you will have problem thus you don´t use that view. Never understood why that view exists other then for replays anyway :p.

Will any of the Xbox 360 wireless controllers work on the PC or is there one just for the PC?

Will any of the Xbox 360 wireless controllers work on the PC or is there one just for the PC?

The wired 360 control pad for the 360 just works on the PC; it's the same pad. As for the wireless 360 pads, you'd need to buy some kind of receiver for the PC side. I'm not sure if one exists, but it probably does.

Mac[X-D];1031486642 said:
I have dl the logitech software but i am a bit ignorant on how to set up the key mapings. i looked at the the help stuff but thier sample was to make your control say hi using notepad, do u just use words like brake or accelerate for the key commands?

is there a good source that i can read to set it up?

thnx in advance

I could just give you my profile and you could load it yourself if you'd like. Not very difficult to use the program, you just have to play around with it to fully learn how to use it.

I have the left thumb-stick as as turning, and button 1 as the gas, 2 as the brake. Button 10 as enter, button 9 as esc, and the d-pad is setup to be the arrows keys. Never once have to touch the keyboard when playing. :)

Game Stutters for me a bit too. Seems like it is in 10 second intervals which maybe a timing issue. I have disabled 3 of my four cores and it still stutters and this is on a q6600 at 3.6ghz with a 8800 OC gtx at 660/1100. Two things I have noticed.

1. Fraps shows it pegged at 60 but it still stutters.
2. It does not stutter at all during replays.

Wonder whats up with the replays being ok ?

Game Stutters for me a bit too. Seems like it is in 10 second intervals which maybe a timing issue. I have disabled 3 of my four cores and it still stutters and this is on a q6600 at 3.6ghz with a 8800 OC gtx at 660/1100. Two things I have noticed.

1. Fraps shows it pegged at 60 but it still stutters.
2. It does not stutter at all during replays.

Wonder whats up with the replays being ok ?

I didn't even know the game has replays.:eek: How do you access them?

I don´t have any 10 seconds interval stutter but yeah it does seems like it´s not totally smooth.

It seems to be a bit better with vsync enabled but it feels like the 360 version is more fluid so to speak. But I am talking extremely mini stutters that you have to search for to tell but well I am running a lot of racing simulations so I guess I have a trained I lol. Something is not smooth with Sega Rally. May just be the animations that make it look stuttery...

But I will redownload the 360 demo see how it runs.

Yea,

10 seconds was wrong its more like every two seconds and the stutter is very slight but just enough to be annoying. Fraps pegged at 60 though !!! Love the game despite this distraction. I thought I have eliminated it last night but now I have no idea what I did. I wil play it again when I get home and see.

hmm it´s very consistent all the time for me it seems. Worse in some tracks and kind of gone on others. Wonder if it´s the reflection effects will try disable them.

hmm ... mine won't run at all
it plays through the intro videos and quits to desktop after the X360 Controller screen.

AMD x64x2 3800 @2.5 (tried stock) 2GB X850PE w/Catalyst 7.7's ViaEnvy24 OnBoard

What gives? I tried fresh XP-Pro install, same problem, but I do get a moment of in game sound while it crashes to the desktop. Vista would simply drop it instantly with a stop error. I tried disabling in-game sound.

It just seems buggy. I have tried literary everything it loves to crash my computer...

For some reason it seems to overheat something. I run my 8800 GTX in stock speed. It´s watercooled with a MCW60 waterblock and even with my core 2 duo moderately clocked at 2,6 it crashes.... Everything else I run at 3,6 gig. It´s orthos stable at that speed...

Overall it´s just a lazy port I will have to recommend the 360 version honestly at least if you are not using a wheel. But well the wheel support is kind of an after thought. The FFB is not better then rumble lol.

Stutters very slightly and I see no option for browsing servers...LAN game it is not. Long live Flatout!

It just seems buggy. I have tried literary everything it loves to crash my computer...

For some reason it seems to overheat something. I run my 8800 GTX in stock speed. It´s watercooled with a MCW60 waterblock and even with my core 2 duo moderately clocked at 2,6 it crashes.... Everything else I run at 3,6 gig. It´s orthos stable at that speed...

Overall it´s just a lazy port I will have to recommend the 360 version honestly at least if you are not using a wheel. But well the wheel support is kind of an after thought. The FFB is not better then rumble lol.

Metoo, this is the only game that will crash after a few seconds of play when i overclock (not even an extreme overclock.)

Also as expected this is the first game I have found that isn´t compatible with Vista 64-bit... It won´t even launch. Isn´t recognizable lol. I have run fallout without issues even :).

To bad because it´s a great game when it doesn´t crash. Buying the 360 version is mega expensive and not all that fun to use a gamepad. Maybe when I get a PS 3 I will get that version if it´s available for cheap then as it should.

Hmm guys can you help? I installed this demo, and set everything to high, and when playing the game, I am getting like 8fps.

I go back to the launcher and change all settings, and the only setting that made a difference was changing the Anti aliasing from 16XQCSAA to Off. Even with it off, I only managed 55fps.

My system spec is Q6600 with an 8800GTX and 2GB RAM at 1920 x 1200. I have no problem maxing out all other games. What do you think?

Any help appreciated,

Simon

Hmm guys can you help? I installed this demo, and set everything to high, and when playing the game, I am getting like 8fps.

I go back to the launcher and change all settings, and the only setting that made a difference was changing the Anti aliasing from 16XQCSAA to Off. Even with it off, I only managed 55fps.

My system spec is Q6600 with an 8800GTX and 2GB RAM at 1920 x 1200. I have no problem maxing out all other games. What do you think?

Any help appreciated,

Simon
Do you have AA transparency set to supersampling in the drivers? Turn it to MS or off.

Do you have AA transparency set to supersampling in the drivers? Turn it to MS or off.

Thanks for your reply,

In the NVidia Control Panel I have the 'Let the 3D Application Decide' checked. Is this the correct way to have it? Anyway I did what you said (by checking 'use the advanced 3d image settings), and turned AA transparency to off, and it was a tiny bit better, but still unplayable (like 15fps).

Any ideas what it could be?

Simon

which drivers do you have installed?

try lowering the resolution. With that computer you should be able to almost max it out at 1360x768x32 with say 4x aniso and 2x aa at least. Depends a lot if you overclock your CPU though.

Anyway if you don´t get about 40 fps then something is seriously wrong and it´s not just a bad port that is causing it to run bad...

It´s a horrible port but should get it playable at that resolution anyway. My monitor don´t support 1920x1080 so cant do a direct comparison.

Bit of an update here:

I have done nothing since yesterday, however just thought I'd load the game up today at everything maxed out totally at 1920 x 1200, and the game is now playing smoothly at 40fps. It is a massive improvement from 7fps! Is 40fps acceptable with my setup with everything maxed out?

I disabled AA and am getting anywhere between 50-80fps. I have honestly done nothing to the computer since yesterday, however am getting totally different results. I hate computers sometimes.

Thanks for your help guys. I'm hoping 40fps is acceptable as I am maxing everything out and it is a recent game.

Back