Sega Dreamcasts - NIB @ ThinkGeek - $99 + Ship

movax

2[H]4U
Not a terribly hot price if you look at eBay prices and such, but for a brand-new Sega Dreamcast in its box, ThinkGeek has 'em!

$99.99 + Ship
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/games/ba52/

Anybody know any good emulators or sites to throw the old school roms on these? I am thinking if I can scratch up some Super Mario or Contra, I am all over this!

Great console. I'm just curious at how anyone has NIB Dreamcasts? That means they haven't been opened since 2000...

I'm curious as to where they found several NIB Dreamcasts....hasn't it been out of production for nearly a decade now?

It's amazing what's out there. I found a NIB Neo Geo home cart system a few years ago, and it was the real deal.

Anybody know any good emulators or sites to throw the old school roms on these? I am thinking if I can scratch up some Super Mario or Contra, I am all over this!

It's a very good machine for that. Google should get you everything you need. All the major emulators were ported to the DC years ago...

Great console. I'm just curious at how anyone has NIB Dreamcasts? That means they haven't been opened since 2000...

I'm curious as to where they found several NIB Dreamcasts....hasn't it been out of production for nearly a decade now?

Maybe a warehouse somewhere found a "lost" pallet/container from the 90s, complete with Madonna and Phil Collins CDs? Either way, good deal for a collector, since eBay sellers are notorious for gouging (and I'd rather pay ThinkGeek than some eBay jackass).

Hell, I have a like new Dreamcast sitting in a box with a racing wheel, 4 controllers, a joystick, several memory thingies and a bunch of games. I may dust it off again in the near future. The original Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast is still the best fighting game there is imo.

Since we are talking about relics, I just found my old Atari Jaguar in my attic.

Hell, I have a like new Dreamcast sitting in a box with a racing wheel, 4 controllers, a joystick, several memory thingies and a bunch of games. I may dust it off again in the near future. The original Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast is still the best fighting game there is imo.

Don't forget Virtua Tennis.

PsyKo[H];1034006851 said:
Since we are talking about relics, I just found my old Atari Jaguar in my attic.
At least the DC had a decent game library, and IMO many great games. Jaguar had Wolf3D and Tempest 2000. :p

I have my DC connected to the living room TV and still play games on it sometimes.

the dreamcast is a HOT deal...but the games arent.

A lot of people collect games made for the DC, so expect to pay anywhere from $1-$100+ for a game.

yeah dc's went down to like $50 when the ps2 came out, they were a BARGAIN considering the ps2's shitty launch library and worse if not inferior graphics.

DC > *

I've got two DCs, because it was such a great system. SFIII on Dreamcast was just as good as the arcade machines. I paid $200 for them and took them to Hong Kong to do a dual bios boot to play legal Japanese imports, later to find out that there's an iso that'll let you dual boot import and domestic games. No mod chip, they actually soldered a Japanese bios chip from burnt mobos and put a hardware switch on the side of the console! =)

I don't know why idiots would want to pirate DC games, they can be had for like 3-5 bucks a pop!

At least the DC had a decent game library, and IMO many great games. Jaguar had Wolf3D and Tempest 2000. :p

I have my DC connected to the living room TV and still play games on it sometimes.

Beyond those the Jaguar had the first Aliens Vs Predator FPS game and let you play as all 3 races. Not all the critics liked it, but I thought it was pretty good. All the motion tracking, invisiblity, thermal vision, goodness...

i paid about $90 for a collectors edition Under Defeat import for the DC. Still play it today and would buy it again. Imho, it has some of the best action in a shooter on the DC. If you can purchase a copy, i recommend it, its worth it.

This reminds me of my unloved Dreamcast gathering dust. I bought it used a few years ago and it really is a console that was way ahead of its time. Certainly >>> PS2. Soul Calibur on DC looks as good as some 360 games!

I still play dreamcast all the time. Rush 2049 anyone :D

Battle mode with 4 buddies = epic

Wow, I would have bought this if i caught it earlier. I've got a Dreamcast but a NIB, I'd probably hold onto for awhile till I have kids so they can open it up in 20 years "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!"... that or eBay in 10 years.

Wish I didn't throw out my DC. Gave the other away to ex gf. smart me. Threw out most of the games too.. I bet i could of made some dough on ebay huh?

I had the Broadband Adapter. I was one of the lucky few people to successfully order one in the approx. nine seconds they offered them. The only game I had that could use it was Phantasy Star Online.

I sold my DC a long time ago but I still follow the emulation scene.

Back