• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

seem about right; temp question

Sky15

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 1, 2001
Messages
3,019
I oced my E8500 to 3.82 and speed fan tells me about 39~40c. Does seem about right? I'm also looking to pushing it to 4.0ghz, what temps are normal at that temp?


Thanks
 
I don't know about the E8500s in particular, but E8400s can go into the 60s easily under load at 4.0.
 
Well, I'm at 4.0ghz with a 1.31 vcore. Temp seem to idling at about 40-41. Core0: 40c and Core1: 27c

Seems to be running steady for me.
 
Idle temps don't really mean anything because the DTSes aren't accurate at lower temperatures. You'll need to do some load testing in order to get an accurate picture of how good your temps are.
 
Back
Top