I'm not sure if this is the right forum. Please direct me to the right one if it isn't.
So, I bought a new Sager/Clevo laptop recently. It's a very customizable laptop that makes taking it apart a cinch. Anyways, instead of paying the reseller money to install thermal paste for me, I decided to use the one I had.
The problem: The stock thermal paste gave reading of 30c when idle, ~60c on load for both CPU and GPU. After wiping the stock paste and putting some Arctic Cooling MX-2 on, the temperature rose to ~45c on idle and 80c on load. I've then tried using varying amount of paste about 3 times with the same results, wiping them off clean before applying each time.
Thinking it was the thermal paste, I purchased IC Diamond. The temperature stayed exactly the same. This was after 6 times of using different methods, using two different thermal compounds.
I've contacted the reseller, who I will refrain from naming at this point, and they said that because the temperature was optimal before I opened it, they won't be able to help me.
So now I'm stuck at these temperatures and it worries me that it might be too hot. I want to ask you guys who are more familiar with cooling what could've went wrong. My suspicion lies with the heatsinks with my limited knowledge. Any advice is highly appreciated.
So, I bought a new Sager/Clevo laptop recently. It's a very customizable laptop that makes taking it apart a cinch. Anyways, instead of paying the reseller money to install thermal paste for me, I decided to use the one I had.
The problem: The stock thermal paste gave reading of 30c when idle, ~60c on load for both CPU and GPU. After wiping the stock paste and putting some Arctic Cooling MX-2 on, the temperature rose to ~45c on idle and 80c on load. I've then tried using varying amount of paste about 3 times with the same results, wiping them off clean before applying each time.
Thinking it was the thermal paste, I purchased IC Diamond. The temperature stayed exactly the same. This was after 6 times of using different methods, using two different thermal compounds.
I've contacted the reseller, who I will refrain from naming at this point, and they said that because the temperature was optimal before I opened it, they won't be able to help me.
So now I'm stuck at these temperatures and it worries me that it might be too hot. I want to ask you guys who are more familiar with cooling what could've went wrong. My suspicion lies with the heatsinks with my limited knowledge. Any advice is highly appreciated.