seeking recommendations for HDD docking station

x509

2[H]4U
I have this 2 bay ********** docking station that has not been reliable for a long time. I think they no longer sell this product. So I just tossed this device into the recycle bin.

So I'm seeking recommendations for a brand and model of docking station for both 2.5" and 3.5" SATA drives.

Thanks in advance,

x509

Not sure if that's the picture you meant to post, shows some Dropbox folders. :)

Not sure if that's the picture you meant to post, shows some Dropbox folders. :)
Ooops!:wtf: Thanks. I just deleted that picture.:confused: Actually, this post didn't need a picture, unless you want to see me chucking that ********** docking station into the recycle bin.:rage: I should have done that 2 years ago.

x509

What model was it? Any chance it was just damaged and subject to seek warranty service?
I have a 2-bay (2.5, 3.5") ********** docking and it has been working Ok for 2 years already. Not using it 24/7 though (not designed for that anyway). Friends and relatives use ********** with no issues as well.

What model was it? Any chance it was just damaged and subject to seek warranty service?
I have a 2-bay (2.5, 3.5") ********** docking and it has been working Ok for 2 years already. Not using it 24/7 though (not designed for that anyway). Friends and relatives use ********** with no issues as well.
It's a model 6629. too old for warranty service, and probably not worth the money to send it back (to China?)

Also, today I thought I had a problem with a HGST 1 TB 2.5" drive in an ********** case. Guess what. It was the SATA or USB electronics in that case that went bad. The drive worked perfectly in another external case. But two in one day. :sour: :yuck: :wtf:. And did I mention that I just bought a 3.5" external case with a new-style USB connector. That case has these rubber "frames" to hold the drive in place. But the rubber frame is too thick for the drive to actually plug into the case electronics. And without the frame, the drive doesn't really mount properly in the case. I'm 100% through with **********.

So I'm also looking for recommendations for 2.5" and 3.5" external cases. I want to replace the 3 remaining ********** 2.5" cases before they go bad on me on some business trip.

Back