Seeing the other user's computer through IM program?

MoreDents

Limp Gawd
One of my friends said he could tell what site I was browsing through AIM... how is this possible?
He wouldn't tell me much... :mad:

Thanks!

edit: I should prob mention, I dont use aim.

though aim? not that I know of, but it certainly isn't hard to sniff packets. go to https://www.bankofamerica.com and ask him what he sees then.

He's pullin' your leg unless AIM has some new "feature" I'm not aware of.

The solution here at any rate is to use Pidgin, Trillian, or one of the various other all-in-one IM solutions. (I'm sure you could get great recommendations here).

Are both computers on the same LAN?

+1 for Pidgin.

I'm interested if he can see what content you are viewing on a HTTPS site. I've never heard of this through IM sniffing, but I also have to wonder if VNC or something similar is really the means behind this.

did he actually tell you the site (and get it right with little chance of it being a coincidence from a site he knows you are always on already)?

he might have gotten your IP through IM and then he got access to your internet router, so he was able to check the sites you´ve visited

If he said what site you were viewing, didnt he actually tell you what he was viewing, or was he just scarin you ? I doubt there is such a major loophole in the AIM system!

Back