• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

See the Intel/Mac commercial?

heatlesssun

Extremely [H]
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
44,154
So I'm watching the football playoffs today. Nice to know that for two decades Intel have been selling us "dull" PC's. Now they're selling us nice new exciting Macs!

What a stupid commercial! The customers that have made Intel a giant just got so ragged on. Yeah, I've never been a big Mac fan and that's part of it, but why on earth would you make a commercial claiming that you've been basically selling "dull", and will still continue to make the lion's share of your money (PC CPUs) selling "dull" stuff.

Yeah, its an add I guess meant to appeal to Mac heads how don't like Windows PC's, but really. PC's and Mac's are now basically the same hardware, so "dull" PC's and "exciting" Mac's really aren't any different. Except my "dull" PC's have the best gaming around!
 
It's just Apple being Apple. I laughed when I first saw the commercial.

Apple computers is more about the software experience they offer than the hardware they use imho.
 
apple made the commercial, not intel....intel is mad at them for the same reasons you mentioned, and since it is apple that made it it kinda voids your point.

that aside, I think its good :p maybe thats cus I love macs though...
 
I saw that durning the play offs today but it was after I had like a entire bottle of jim beam. I thought it was funny but I was too drunk to really tell. O well it has already been said that intel wasn't happy.
 
At first I thought they were talking about Dell little boxes instead of dull little boxes... :rolleyes:
 
Ahhh, okay that makes more sense then if Apple made the commercial. Yeah, I thought that they were saying Dell to, but I think that "dull" was used intentionally for that purpose.
 
yeah, i wasnt too happy about that commercial and i can understand why intel wouldnt be either since PCs got intel to where they are now. this commercial makes me hate macintosh even more(and i use one everyday).
 
heatlesssun said:
So I'm watching the football playoffs today. Nice to know that for two decades Intel have been selling us "dull" PC's. Now they're selling us nice new exciting Macs!

What a stupid commercial! The customers that have made Intel a giant just got so ragged on. Yeah, I've never been a big Mac fan and that's part of it, but why on earth would you make a commercial claiming that you've been basically selling "dull", and will still continue to make the lion's share of your money (PC CPUs) selling "dull" stuff.

Yeah, its an add I guess meant to appeal to Mac heads how don't like Windows PC's, but really. PC's and Mac's are now basically the same hardware, so "dull" PC's and "exciting" Mac's really aren't any different. Except my "dull" PC's have the best gaming around!

That add pissed Intel off. Which doesn't bode well for Apple should they continue such advertising.

Haste266 said:
yeah, i wasnt too happy about that commercial and i can understand why intel wouldnt be either since PCs got intel to where they are now. this commercial makes me hate macintosh even more(and i use one everyday).

The x86 based PC is intel's bread and butter. Apple insulted a huge amount of Intel's customers. Intel didn't like that.

I still don't understand what's exciting about a machine you can't hardly upgrade that has so few software titles out there by comparison. Plus Apple treats customers like shit when they decide to disconitnue something the customers like (such as ADB ports, and all related hardware.) whenever they feel like it. Or, they switch OS's and say, "everything you've been using for years, is now null and void. You can't use that anymore." Granted, I think PC makers and software companies need to do that with the floppy drive and other things sometimes, but jeezus Apple takes it too far too fast sometimes.
 
Back
Top