• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Security webcam, ideas?

OpenSource

Gawd
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
886
I've got an older Logitech USB webcam lying around, and I've been wanting to play around with it as a security camera around the house. I was wondering if it'd be possible to take this webcam that's USB and turn it into a security cam and make it wireless or without at least a full blown computer nearby it.

Or would it be possible to find an older laptop with ethernet and connect it to say an older wireless router and having the webcam connected have it stream to my main computer for storage? Money is my main concern because I don't really want to spend any extra money on this. I'm just looking for ideas. thanks.
 
Just hire a bum, there cheap ! And if they can write, have'm take notes.
 
It's better to just get a cheap security cam and a pci card that records the footage. Used cameras are cheap.
 
could get a wireless router that has a USB port on it to plug it into,,, not sure if it would work though
 
Back
Top