Security Updates Available for Adobe Reader and Acrobat

HardOCP News

[H] News
Attention ladies and gentlemen, it is time once again to go plug your Adobe hole before someone exploits you. This patch fixes the issues not addressed by that patch two weeks ago.

Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Reader and Acrobat XI (11.0.01 and earlier) for Windows and Macintosh, X (10.1.5 and earlier) for Windows and Macintosh, 9.5.3 and earlier 9.x versions for Windows and Macintosh, and Adobe Reader 9.5.3 and earlier 9.x versions for Linux. These updates address vulnerabilities that could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.

These updates address vulnerabilities that could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.

You figured with it being version 11 and there being a gazillion updates for each version for the same thing, the software should be fricken Fort Knox.

So which is worse, Adobe or Java? I honestly can't decide which I abhor more.

So which is worse, Adobe or Java? I honestly can't decide which I abhor more.

They seem to have patches at about the same rate, that is to say "OMG you have to patch this right now!" level patches about once a week.

I don't understand how someone can put software out there with so many security holes... for example Java 1.7 was supposed to be this super-security sandbox edition, but the first thing the hackers did was exploit the security holes in it and escalate privileges worse than they could do with v 1.6update35.

No adobe reader and no Java on any of my internet connected computers. Flash is installed but it is protected by noscript. There is simply no need to put up with the constant risk. I can hardly wait to get rid of Flash.

Don't surf the web with your primary computer!

Back