security type question- secure transactions?

sanjay369

[H]ard|Gawd
I have been wondering what the best way would be to get people on communities such as myspace or [H]ardforum to conduct business with each other while maintaining their ability to use anonymous/non-authenticated accounts on these communitites.

For example if I want to buy something from a [H] member without using ebay or credit cards or checks...

There is of course paypal, but paypal has limitations with fraud, people under 18, freezing of accounts, etc...

Heatware and Ebay are limited because people set up accounts based upon good users...there is no real authentication.

Could using some form of asymetrical encryption scheme leveraging a key generated on a cell phone help with this type of online transaction engine.

I am an encryption/transaction noob so go easy :)

The ceel phone is generating the keys?
Or the cell # is responsible for part of the key scheme?

Number spoofing isnt that hard so you cant used a tel number or cell id as a form if encryption...you would need something based on the diffey/helman exchange...basically PGP in a nutshell.

You could generate a supposedly unique ID based on the ESN (CDMA phones) or whatever GSM phones use (SIM cards perhaps), but since they can be cloned easily with the MSL, point is quite moot.

Back