Security .. rating ?

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by nefarious986, May 13, 2008.

1. nefarious986

nefarious986 n00b

Hey guys,

I am building a website which require a data feed from a third party data provider. I have to fill out a 'questionair' when submitting my application and I'm not sure what to put for this questions.

Please help!

Question: "Have you run a vulnerability assessment of network security? What is the current assessment rating?"

I Google'd for security rating but came up blank, without any useful result. Is there a level like 1-5 or something for network security rating ? I m not sure what to put on here.

I'm not against getting a shared / virtual hosting account if the a host could provide me with these ratings. Any suggestions ?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Rabidfox

Rabidfox Limp Gawd

They're asking for either penetration testing or results from a vulnerbaility scanner, it seems. Since you don't have a vulnerability scanner and have never done a penn test, then the answer would be "No". Now it seems that you're going to host this somewhere other than your own network, I'd call the service provider that'll host the website and ask them.

3. nefarious986

nefarious986 n00b

I thought that security scanner (ie Nessus) identified what was wrong with the network, but didnt know it gave a 'rating'.

If anyone know what these ratings are, can you tell me what is the possible range of these ratings ? 1-5 ? a-b ? open door to fort knox ?