Security Cameras

digitalnerd

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay ...

If you guys have setups let me know what they are, I want to buy a system but not an outrageous one.

I'm looking for 2 wired/wireless secuirty color cameras to watch my downstairs door/cars, and one for the walkway up to the front door and yard.

I've looked at so many that now I dont know what I need.

I do have wireless internet so would a wireless camera interfer with my wireless router. Thats really my main concern is to buy something off the web and then not be able to return it, if it didnt work.

As far as a dvr recorder I may install a card in my computer and do it that way or especially right now just to a tv.

So what are your suggestions?

Check this out..... LINK. With the master system you only get one camera but you can add up to 6 I believe. Wireless, easy install, weatherproof...done.

There are other ways to go about this then IP based cameras. What is common in the industry is using a DVR, with how many ever ports that you will need. My system is an 8 port DVR, I have about 5 cameras used with a few more to go. The recording rate is around 30FPS, and I can also do remote view.

Also, remote backup. It really depends on what you are looking for, what you need. Take a look at http://www.diysecurityforum.com/ they have some good resources. I just installed my home alarm system with the help of that site.

Both the CCTV/alarm industry and IT industry, the line between is really becoming blurred. Every new system they are making, its more towards the IT field. You can remote view your cameras using the DVRs inboard web server, you can remote arm and disarm your alarm, etc.

Anyways, good luck.

Back