Security Cameras? help

ikurox

Limp Gawd
Im trying to figure out which would be the best for my application. ive been getting a lot stolen out of my yard and want probably 3 or 4 i can mount on my soffit. which would be best at dark?

what type of card/software do i need to run them too i really dont know anything about it.

Im trying to figure out which would be the best for my application. ive been getting a lot stolen out of my yard and want probably 3 or 4 i can mount on my soffit. which would be best at dark?

what type of card/software do i need to run them too i really dont know anything about it.

budget ?

Lorex and swann make good affordable cameras. If you live near a frys electronics, you could find both brands there. Both companies also make 4 channel pci cards that'll run you about $100. Cameras themselves with night vision will run you anywhere from $80+ As convenient as they sound, I'd still stay away from wireless cameras.

i would say my budget is around 500-1000 but could go up to 5k if the quality was needed i want to be able to see who it is. im sure its a neighbor hood kid.

I pieced my together from MOnoprice cameras, they arn't to bad as far as infrared goes. Take a look at their camera

Hey check out FOSCAM they have some really nice units. They can go to FTP servers when it detects motion and then you will have evidence for the police.

That ar thread is great.

How many cameras are you thinking you need

You want a good outside camera that will let you see in the dark WITHOUT IR (trust me it works great)... use these:

http://www.dwcc.tv/product_camera/camera_main_In.asp?category=Vandal Proof Dome&id=26

It'll work great if theres a tiny bit of light. If its 100% dark, then get these (but if its outside you'll have the moon light and possibly some street lights in the distance)

http://www.dwcc.tv/product_camera/camera_main_In.asp?category=Vandal Proof Dome&id=29

I have 2 of the non-IR on my house, heres a shot of my front yard.

IR MODEL
188945_1666876067178_1095570040_31518549_6070346_n.jpg

NON-IR MODEL
196756_1666876267183_1095570040_31518550_3856996_n.jpg

My outside light on my house is not on. The only light thats on is a pole across the street and down 1 house

I actually have the IR feature on the IR camera turned off because its too damn bright.

You DO NOT want any cheaper IP cameras at this time. A great deal of them lock up from time to time, and that is a HUGE problem being these cameras are there to be your eye's 24/7. The Axis $600+ camera's are the only ones I have seen without any reports of lockups. Of course I would love to be proven wrong.

w put on 4 4xem bullet cameras, no lock up and they were cheaper

Isnt 4xem just a reseller... what model cameras did you use marley?

Also those cameras i shown, MSRP is about $300 or so, which isnt bad concidering how great they are. The IR ones are about $500.

Whats great is i have an IR bullet in a treet that I paid about $10 for on ebay because the BNC cable was cut, easy enough to put on a new one. So $10 for a $500 camera = awesome score

Back